Let’s take it to its lowest term, “What is a Nigerian Visa?”, “How long does it take to get one?”, “Are there alternatives to the normal way of getting a Nigerian Visa?”, “what can I do in case I’m in an emergency to travel with a Nigerian Passport?” All these are the issues that will be handled as you read through.
What is a Nigerian Visa?
A Nigerian Visa sort of Nigerian Passport is literally a permit to move into Nigeria and operate for a period of time which can be renewed occasionally.
How long does it take to get a Nigerian visa?
- Depending on the embassy in the country you are residing in.
- It can take basically take 5 working days and up to 3 weeks depending on some issues or clarifications.
- You can also get it in a few days if you go through Visa on Arrival which involves that you don’t visit your resident country embassy but can be done by an agency.
Getting a Nigerian Visa from Embassy:
I’ve been opportune to travel with Visa on Arrival Nigeria and I found out that “Visa on Arrival” is the best because most people have problems with the delay from the Nigerian embassy and the stress involved in it.
Visa from the embassy is the longest way to get a Nigerian Visa Approval but to someone extent, it’s a secure way to get it to avoid being duped by fake companies and agencies.
Requirements for Application of Nigerian Visa from Embassy:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with 2 blank visa pages: You need a passport that is not more than 6 months old. The 2 blank visa pages are needed for endorsement by the embassy and other related signatures in order to get the Nigerian Visa first.
- Two recent Passports: This is to make sure that the visa is processed with the photograph of the ideal person with a 3 months’ validity. The two passports needed should be on a white background with a size of 2inches by 2 inches.
- You need to provide your valid bank of Statement from your bank to show you have sufficient funds and not coming to add be a burden to the country.
- The address of the hostel or the hostel reservation provided for your stay.
- Letter of Invitation: This is very important to get approval of a Nigerian Passport. This is a letter written by the person(Host) or the company involved. Here are the things you should find in the “letter of invitation”:
- Passport of Host with Signatory
- CAC (Corporate Affairs Commission) Certificate of the Host Company
- Acceptance of Immigration such that if you do anything during that period, the company will be held responsible for it.
More on How long does it take to get a Nigerian visa…
If you wake up late, this is for you: OMG! Here are the Shocking Benefits of waking up at exactly 4 am
Subscribe to our newsletter!
How to apply for Nigerian Visa:
I guess you know that the Nigerian Visa lasts for 90 days (3 months) that is after you must have gone through the application, the interview (few days after application) then you get the visa.
Thus this how you can apply for a Nigerian Passport online:
- Visit the NIM website and complete the application process. Get a print out of the application and sign on it.
- Print out the payment receipt made online and get a hardcopy of it (Print it out).
- Get the following document together
- IMM22(visa form)
- Letter of Invitation
- Hotel or Intending residence
3. Submit to Nigerian Embassy
Nigeria visit fees for all the Countries in the world:
The Nigerian Immigration state that Citizens of all the countries in ECOWAS(Economic Community of West African States) do not pay for Visa because of the Visa Abolition Agreement.
The member states of ECOWAS are Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
Thus other Countries that are not in ECOWAS like US, UK and others would pay for Nigerian Visa.
|Country||Single Entry||Multiple Entry(1 yr)||TWP fees||STR Visa Fees|
Check out other countries here
I guess you now know how long it takes to get a Nigerian visa, and I know that most people are worried about how long it will take, but always remember that patience is the key so that mistakes will not be made will processing the visa.