Don’t text and drive scholarship is an exceptional scholarship to help reduce the accident rates in society. According to the National Safety Council, texting while driving results in 1.6 million collisions each year.
Each year, about 390,000 people are injured in incidents due to texting and driving. More so, in the United States, one out of every four car accidents is caused by texting and driving.
The aim of this scholarship is to assist you in better understanding the dangers of texting and driving while on the road.
This article will give a detailed explanation of the “Dont text and Drive Scholarship”, stating the requirements, application process, deadline, and many more tips about the scholarship.
Requirements of the Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship 2022:
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- Applicant must be a high school freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior or a current or entering college or graduate school student of any level.
- There is no age limitation for the “Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship.”
Application Process for the Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship:
The applicant must fill out the application form, which includes a 140-character statement regarding texting while driving, before being considered.
Finalists will be chosen from among the top ten applications submitted. Those who advance to the finals will be required to produce a 500 to 1,000-word essay on the topic of texting and driving.
What is the worth of the Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship?
The scholarship is worth about $1,000 to cater to educational and financial needs.
The deadline for the scholarship is in conjunction with September’s No Texting While Driving Day on September 30, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions about Texting and Driving:
Q: Is there an app to lock phones while driving?
A: live2txt app
Q: How do I stop my iPhone from texting and driving?
A: Driving mode mutes notifications and briefly prevents phone calls and text messages, allowing you to focus on the road ahead.
Q: How much is the “Dont text and Drive Scholarship” worth?
A: The scholarship is worth about $1,000 to cater to educational and financial needs.
Q: Why does my phone keep going into a driving mode?
A: Whether In-Pocket Detection is enabled, the phone senses when it is inside a pocket or a bag by using an infrared sensor located near the camera.
Thus, when the phone is in your pocket, the device’s built-in proximity sensor instantly locks it or switches it to driving mode.
The Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship has a responsibility to educate everyone on how to use technology safely and responsibly, as well as to raise awareness about the influence technology has on our health, environment, and society as a whole.
Awesome one; I hope this article answered your question.
Share this Information.
- Monash University South Africa Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
- AbbVie and SASA Scholarship South Africa | 2022 (Deadline, Eligibility)
- €5,000 Holland Government Scholarships For International Students | 2022/2023
- JPKE Scholarships 2022 for Brunei students (Apply Now)
- The Shawn Carter Scholarship 2022
- Aboitiz Scholarship 2022 (Application, Requirements)
- Top 13+ Animation Scholarships for Students in 2022