Learning isn’t the only thing being done educationally online these days; exams are also taken online. That’s the more reason for the introduction of a proctored exam.
However, in this current era, online education is a new platform for students to learn and to teach. So, with loads of technological tools to use, schools now have multiple choices and methods of passing knowledge across to their students.
This article will explain a proctored Exam, the requirements and the major tips you need to ace the exam.
What is a Proctored Exam?
A Proctored Exam lets candidates take an evaluation at a faraway area, making sure the integrity of the examination is intact.
A proctoring software program confirms a candidate’s identification and monitors the candidate via a webcam. However, the webcam record the entire session of the exam and flags any suspicious behaviour or activity.
So essentially, a Proctored Exam is similar to other kinds of examinations but, it makes use of a web infrastructure to aid all of the related activities. On the other hand, invigilation allows you to preserve the sanctity of the examination halls.
How Does a Proctored Exam Work?
Proctored Exams are usually timed and taken while a proctoring software program monitors your desktop, audio, and webcam.
Data from the Proctored Exam is recorded, and at the end of the exam, the recorded data is sent to be reviewed by a proctoring service.
If it requires that you take a Proctored Exam:
- You can’t take the exam with the use of the proctoring software mobile app. It works only PC.
- Install the proctoring software on your PC to enable you to take the exam.
- Before taking a Proctored Exam that would be graded, you should have authorized ID verification pictures.
- Before the Proctored Exam would begin, you ought to once more verify your identification by taking a webcam image of your face, your picture ID, and whatever the software program requires to confirm the examination environment.
- While you’re taking the Proctored Exam, you ought to comply with the proctoring service regulations and requirements. If the course examination you are about to write comes with a different rule, it will be let known on the course.
- While taking the Proctored Exam, the proctoring software monitors your PC. The software program additionally records video and audio out of your webcam.
After completing your exam, the proctoring service then moves to review your exam session. The result of the exam comes out five days after the exam.
In some cases, if there is a higher-than-normal volume, or if the exam team analyzes the marks, the results may take longer.
Advantages of a Proctored Exam
- It takes out the requirement of arranging and planning for an examination center and hall.
- It eliminates the need for a physical invigilator since it is online.
- Technological advancement in examination security, thereby maintaining the integrity of the exam body.
- Permits candidates to write the exam conveniently, thereby eliminating the need and stress of traveling to a far distant location to take exams.
Read this: Most Useless Degrees you won’t even believe
Challenges that could occur in a Proctored Exam
Many of these online proctoring services are very expensive. On the other hand, students might also additionally discover the lockdown browser characteristic and webcam recordings intrusive.
Growth & Future of Proctored Exam
Both the private and non-private sectors broadly make use of Proctored Exams. Over 500 colleges in the United States remember Proctored Exams as a feasible option.
Consequently, schools and universities switch to user-friendly technologies for carrying out online tests and exams. As a result of this, Proctored Exam is getting favourable momentum in the worldwide academic sector.
Proctored Exam Stands Clear in Online Exams
What makes Proctored Exam stand clear off other forms of online exams is how it makes use of modern technological developments like AI and machine learning to carry out a cheat-free examination.
As it provides a way to help maintain the integrity of an examination, the exam tools could turn out to be a staple of online programs in the coming years.
Types of Proctored Exam
It has three different categories: live proctoring, recorded proctoring, and advanced auto proctoring.
- In live proctoring, live invigilators are posted to constantly invigilate and monitor the activities of the candidates throughout the Proctored Exams.
- In recorded proctoring, the examiners get to review recorded video, audio, screenshots, and all other data recorded after the exam has been completed.
- The proctoring program detects suspicious activities in advanced auto proctoring and reports them to the examiners afterward.
Requirements for a Proctored Exam
- Candidates should have a webcam with an enabled microphone. This is, however, optional, as indicated by the examiner.
- Candidate’s ID.
- A Proctoring software installed on the candidate’s pc.
- A good internet connection the candidate can rely on.
- Google Chrome browser installed on the candidate’s pc.
- A quiet and distraction-free location where a candidate can feel comfortable taking his/her exam. The candidate has to sit down there for the entire duration of the exam.
The candidate must make sure these requirements are available.
With news of the expectations of the MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) to reach $26 billion come 2025, as reported by Zion Market, the demand for online schooling continues to increase.
As a result, the education sector offers crucial advantages of e-learning, time-saving, flexibility, consistency, etc.
Awesome one; I hope this article answered your question.
Share this Information.
- Difference Between CV, Resume, and Biodata7 min read
- 11 Ways College Can Start Off Your Writing Career7 min read
- 7+ Best Paying Jobs in Computer Software Prepackaged Software9 min read
- How Many Nickels Make a Dollar? (FAQs, Meaning)7 min read
- 13 Best Paying Jobs in Precious Metals (FAQs) | 202211 min read
- 15+ Best Paying Jobs in Telecommunications Equipment (FAQs) | 202211 min read
- 13+ Highest Paying Jobs in Major Chemical (FAQs) | 202211 min read
- Is Integrated Oil Companies a Good Career Path? (FAQs) | 202210 min read
- 11 High Paying Jobs in Finance Consumer Services (FAQs) | 20229 min read
- Is Power Generation a Good Career Path? (FAQs, Tips) | 20228 min read