These Jobs for 16-year-olds are jobs that don’t require much stress or strain to a child. They are easy jobs that they can do to earn extra cash to support their parents and not always depend on them for everything. It includes the retail jobs for 16 year olds and the jobs that hire at 16.
Jobs For 16-Year-Olds
You don’t need a degree or certificate to be a tutor. If you have excellent grades and don’t mind helping others catch up, you can become a tutor. You share your knowledge and skills as well as learn and improve in the subjects you teach.
Your fellow students can raise money to support you on what you do for them or you can fix an ideal price on how you teach. On the other hand, there is a saying, “You learn more by teaching others”. It’s one of the popular Jobs for 16-year-olds.
Do you know how to swim and perform emergency first aid? You can become a lifeguard.
Being a lifeguard, you’ll come in contact with a lot of people, and have to ensure that they adhere to the safety rules and also administer immediate first aid care to them in case of an emergency or incident.
On the other hand, you’ll also learn how to manage people, and also being in tune with your surroundings. Lifeguards earn an average of £9.31 per hour in the UK.
If you love reading or writing and are also organized, being a library assistant will be not only a good means of earning but also an opportunity to explore more books. You’ll also learn desk procedures, cataloging, and reference searching. The job will expose you to all-round professional skill experience. This is one of the top Jobs for 16-year-olds.
Fashion Retail Clerk
A retail clerk is in charge of answering and attending to customer questions and concerns. As a fashion retail clerk, you will fold clothes, stock-up shelves, and keep the shop clean and organized. While on this job, you’ll learn good time management, organizational, and communication skills.
A Fashion Retail Clerk earns about $10.35 per hour. Its one of the usual Jobs for 16-year-olds.
Being organized, detail-oriented, time-efficient, and neat are all characteristics needed in a bookstore assistant. You’ll arrange books on shelves alphabetically, create displays for a storefront, keep inventory on all available books, and ensure the store is organized and clean. This is also one of the retail jobs for 16 year olds.
Jobs For 16-Year-Olds
Gardening Assistant or Farm Management
If you love nature, animals, greenery, and plants, taking up a job as a farm manager or gardening assistant will be exciting, informative, and educative. It will allow you the opportunity of working with an array of plants as well as animals.
Tasks of a farm manager or gardener might include feeding livestock, planting, weeding, fixing fences, and basic farm labor. This job will also help you improve your supervising skills.
This might not sound like a glamorous and well-paying but as a means of earning little cash, which adds up with time. Tasks as a dishwasher include cleaning dishes and cooking ware, cleaning tables, and cleaning food prep areas.
This job helps you learn the skill of working quickly but efficiently. It also improves your teamwork skills. It’s one of the popular retail Jobs for 16-year-olds.
Being a camp counselor is an exciting and fantastic job. It allows you to participate, or sometimes be the brain, in fun and adventurous outdoor activities and also play an impactful role in the lives of young campers.
Working as a camp counselor helps improve your problem-solving skills as well as improve your social and communication skills. You also meet new people and make new friends.
Host or Hostess
Hosts or hostesses are in charge of greeting and making restaurant guests feel comfortable. You ensure that guests are attended to, and make sure that the restaurant sections and tables are evenly occupied to reduce the stress on servers.
The job as a host or hostess helps you build your interaction and communication skills as well as help you know how to interact with people from diverse groups.
House Cleaning and Sitting
A house cleaner or sitter is in charge of ensuring that the house of a client is well organized, clean, and maintained. As a house cleaner or sitter, you have to be trustworthy, organized, and clean. It’s one of the popular and best Jobs for 16-year-olds.
Jobs For 16-Year-Olds
Check out: How old are you in 5th Grade (Best Answer)
If you love taking pictures, and when you do, your photos are amazing and beautiful, you can be a photographer. You can take pictures and sell them online, and you don’t necessarily have to own a camera. You can make good and well-edited pictures with your smartphone.
In addition, you can also sell your photos on platforms like Fotolia and Byrd. Photography is one of the smart Jobs for 16-year-olds.
Movie Theatre Attendant
Cinemas and theatres employ young teens as attendants. As an attendant at a theatre, your job is to attend to customers ensuring they are adhering to the rules of the theatre, answering their questions, and helping them out with any issues they have.
You also supervise the theatre premises, ensuring they are clean. On this job, you’ll learn supervising skills, and also learn to multitask.
Lawn mowing is pretty much an exciting and flexible job to do, especially in the summer. It is also a detail-oriented job as you need to mow the lawn efficiently and neatly. It allows you to savor the summer sun and fresh air while working.
This job is a perfect job if you love spending your time outside and in the sun. You can knock on the doors of your neighbors and ask them if you could mow their lawns, and you can also put up ads and ask your friends to help advertise your services.
In addition, you can set your hours and rates, and it doesn’t have to clash with the school. This is one of the best Jobs for 16-year-olds that helps you exercise.
If you’ve got a creative eye, a love for design, and know-how to use the essential design tools, graphic designing is a job for you. You can be a part-time graphic designer for companies or brands. You can also advertise your services to local brands in your area, and also search for jobs on Fiverr or Behance.
Data Entry Clerk
If you are detail-oriented, accurate, and have the necessary computer skills, you can work as a data entry clerk. All you need is a computer and a stable internet connection. You can find jobs on Clickworker, The Smart Crowd, and DionData Solutions.
This is one the major jobs that hire at 16.
These jobs that hire at 16 are here to help the child to be exposed to life outside high school.
The role of the parents in these part-time jobs for 16-year-olds is to conscious of the job the child is doing so that the job doesn’t interfere with the studies of the child.
Awesome one, Thanks for reading this article. I hope it answered your questions on the the retail jobs for 16 year olds and the jobs that hire at 16.
- Top 5 Best Boarding Schools in Italy | 20227 min readIn terms of a child’s overall education, boarding schools in Italy outperform day schools by a wide margin. Students are guided by their teachers throughout the day, which makes learning more enjoyable for them. What is it like to go to school in Italy? Table of Contents What is it like to go to school …
- Top 10 Best Boarding Schools in Scotland in 202210 min readBoarding Schools in Scotland provide a diverse range of options and opportunities. Because each form of school has something unique to offer, this article has highlighted some of the top boarding schools in Scotland that could be the greatest fit for your son or daughter. How much are boarding schools in Scotland? Table of Contents …
- Top 3 Best boarding schools in Mississippi in 20224 min readThere are several attractive and historically significant boarding schools in Mississippi to choose from when it comes to boarding schools. Each school has a strong sense of integrity that arises from a commitment to improving the educational experience. This article will explain the top 3 best boarding schools in Mississippi and other tips for boarding …
- 25+ General Boarding School Rules and Regulations5 min readEvery boarding school has rules and regulations that parents and students must follow in order to make the environment safe and friendly for all. The guidelines outlined in this article apply to all boarding schools and are intended to help students learn and live a normal life while at the boarding school. What is the …
- Top 4 Best Boarding schools in South Carolina in 20224 min readThere are several attractive and historically significant boarding schools in South Carolina to choose from when it comes to boarding schools. Each school has a strong sense of integrity that arises from a commitment to improving the educational experience. This article will explain the top 4 best boarding schools in South Carolina and other tips …