Jobs for 15-year-olds are limited as a result of the child labor laws, but there are still amazing jobs for young teens that age.
Teenagers usually want financial freedom and independence, and their parents also want them to learn professional skills as well as know the value of hard work and earning. This can be achieved by taking up part-time jobs For 15-Year-Olds during school or the holidays.
In this article, we’ll be listing some jobs that a 15-year-olds can do.
Jobs For 15-Year-Olds
If you love swimming, then being a lifeguard would be an amazing job for you.
A lifeguard is someone who watches over people while they swim. As a lifeguard, your role is to watch the visitors, at the same time, ensure they adhere to the safety rules and also administer immediate first aid care to them in case of an emergency or incident.
Lifeguarding is a serious and important job and requires a sense of maturity, responsibility, and also alertness. To work this job, you’ll also need some training and certifications.
How much a lifeguard earn?
A 15-year old lifeguard can earn $7-$9 Per Hour according to Glassdoor.com
Taking care of children is a fun and amazing job as well as a job that requires a great deal of responsibility, maturity, and patience. This a good job for teenagers as the working hours are flexible and most people need a babysitter at some point.
How much a Babysitter earn?
As a babysitter, you can earn an average of $15-$16 per hour.
If you are good at handling money, working as a cashier would be a good job. You can work in retail stores, fast-food restaurants, local bookstores, and departmental stores. The main roles of a cashier are to receive cash, issue receipts, and keep the cash balance.
How much a Cashier earn?
A 15-year old cashier can earn $7.25 per hour.
Concession Stand Worker
If you are an outgoing person and you love fun, you can work at theatres or theme parks as a standing worker selling beverages and popcorn, as well as tickets.
Jobs For 15 Year Olds
Instead of spending time online watching videos and chatting, you can earn money by taking surveys. Though most survey sites have the least age as 16 years, some sites like Hiving allow applications from 15-year-olds.
Survey completion is a fantastic and flexible job for teens as you can one while on a bus ride or having lunch provided you have a strong internet connection and enough data.
This is one of the major Jobs For 15-Year-Olds.
In most restaurants, guests are shown to their seats and tables by hosts or hostesses.
Basically, a host/hostess is in charge of greeting customers and guests, showing them to their table, hand them the menus and assure them that someone will be over to take their orders. Hosts also make sure to keep the restaurants evenly occupied and not crowded in certain sections.
Lawn mowing is pretty much an interesting and flexible job to do, especially in the summer. You can knock on the doors of your neighbors and ask them if you could mow their lawns, and you can also put up ads and ask your friends to help advertise your services.
On the other hand, you can set your hours and rates, and it doesn’t have to clash with the school. This job also helps you exercise.
This is a very fun and extremely flexible job to do, especially if you love it. It helps you learn about business and advertising, and it’s a form of exercise and experiencing outdoor fun. You can choose your working hours and set your schedule for a wash as well as your rates.
Jobs For 15-Year-Olds
If you love cleaning and have been cleaning your own house, being also meticulous, you can make a few extra dollars cleaning other people’s houses.
In addition, you can decide if you will clean the entire house or just focus on certain areas.
If you love outdoor and athletic activities, a camp counselor will be a good job for you. You’ll be in charge of developing new and fun activities.
You’ll also learn a lot about nature as well as meet new people and make lifelong friends.
Working Hours Allowed on Jobs for 15-year-olds
There are laws and limitations in place on the type of work and number of hours you can perform as a 15-year-old, and these laws depend on your state of residence.
The Fair Law Standards Act has a few restrictions on work for children under 16 years of age in non-agricultural jobs, and they include:
- Cannot work in hazardous job settings like mining, excavation, work with power-driven tools, or similar jobs.
- Can work for 3 hours a day on a school day and 8 hours a day on a non-school day.
- Can work up to 18 hours a week in a school week and 40 hours a week in a non-school week.
- Work hours should be between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., except on June 1st – Labor Day when you can work from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Before taking up a job, talk about all the labor laws you need to follow with your employer, and ask your parents and guardians for help if necessary.
Final tips on the Part-time Jobs For 15-Year–Olds:
These part-time jobs for 15-year-olds can help a teenager become less independent on their parents. It could teach a child how to handle money and also save money. It could also explain how life is after school.
The role of the parents in these part-time jobs for 15-year-olds is to conscious of the job the child is doing so that the job doesn’t interfere with the studies of the child.
Awesome one, Thanks for reading this article.
Sharing is Caring.
- Capstone Project (Everything you need to know)6 min readTowards the end of your college journey, you require to give an account of how well you studied and what you learnt through engaging in a Capstone Project. Your academic advisor will direct you with the best way to do the project …
- How old are you in 1st Grade (Best Answer)4 min readGrade placement in high school is an essential factor to consider when you want to take a child back to high school. For instance, in a situation in which a child is homeschooled and want to go back to public school, the child’s grade will be one of the significant factors to consider. Thus in …
- Types of Teachers: 70% are the number 4 type3 min readTeachers are the backbone of education, and as much while you go through college or High school, you will come in contact with different types of Teachers that will make you see education in their way. Some teachers make you understand that education is not all about academics; it includes the entire well being of …
- How to make friends as an Introvert (Easiest way ever)5 min readMaking friends, those you can call “your people”, is hard, and is even harder when you’re an introvert. You don’t know where to start or how to start. Introverts are thought to hate people because they love being in their space and on their own. But, that’s not true. How introverts make friends is sometimes …
- How old are you in 10th grade (Best Answer)4 min readGrade placement in high school is an essential factor to consider when you want to take a child back to high school. For instance, in a situation in which a child is homeschooled and want to go back to public school, the child’s grade will be one of the significant factors to consider. Thus in …