Big Y is one of the major supermarket chains in Southern New England, and they established the Big Y scholarship program to recognize and reward academic achievement in the classroom.
It is only open to high school seniors, undergraduates, graduates, community college students, and adult students.
Almost 6300 students have benefited from the program since its beginning in 1981, totaling 4.7 million dollars over the years.
In the Big Y market area, these scholarships are given to the most academically accomplished individuals who are pursuing degrees at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Thus, how can one go about the Big Y scholarship? What are the requirements? This article will extensively explain all these.
Eligibility Requirements for the Big Y Scholarship 2022:
- The applicant must be a resident of western or central Massachusetts, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, or the state of Connecticut.
- Transcripts, scores on college entrance examinations, and two reference letters should be submitted by applicants. The transcript of grades, college board scores, letters of recommendation, and personal resume are used to make the selection.
- Applicants must be Big Y employees or their dependents, or they must reside in western or central Massachusetts, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, or Connecticut.
- The applicant must intend to enroll in a college or university that is accredited.
- Employees of Big Y must submit one letter of recommendation from their supervisor.
- Previous beneficiaries of scholarship awards are ineligible to apply.
How to apply for Big Y Scholarship in 2022
The application for the Big Y Scholarship is quite easy, all you have to do is:
- Check the Application Portal
- Fill the Application Form
- Submit the necessary credentials
Or Contact for Assistance:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (413) 504-4080
Deadline for the Big Y Scholarship 2022:
The deadline for the Big Y Scholarship is February 1st, 2022. There are no deadline extensions. Moreover, notifications of the award and non-award recipients are emailed in May.
Note: It is possible that you may need to check your SPAM folder.
In May, the names of scholarship recipients are published on www.bigy.com.
Big Y scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic accomplishment and merit. They are given to the students who excel academically in the Big Y market area.
At the undergraduate and graduate levels, there are rewards for both regular and nontraditional students.
Awesome one; I hope this article answered your question.
Share this Information.
- UNCW Scholarships 2022-2023 (Application, Eligibility, Deadline)5 min read
- John and Abigail Adams Scholarship 2022-2024 (Eligibility, Deadline)4 min read
- Coolidge Scholarship (Eligibility, Deadline, Application) 20234 min read
- Don’t text and Drive Scholarship 2022 (Requirements, Deadline)3 min read
- Dr. Pepper Scholarship 2022 (Requirements, Deadline)4 min read
- Monash University South Africa Undergraduate Scholarship 20223 min read
- AbbVie and SASA Scholarship South Africa | 2022 (Deadline, Eligibility)3 min read
- €5,000 Holland Government Scholarships For International Students | 2022/20232 min read
- JPKE Scholarships 2022 for Brunei students (Apply Now)3 min read
- The Shawn Carter Scholarship 2022 2 min read