The Coolidge Scholarship is an exceptional scholarship that helps students handle their financial needs in school.
The Coolidge Scholarship is a four-year, full-ride presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, lodging and board, and other expenses throughout his or her college years.
This one-of-a-kind award is transferable to any approved college or university in the United States of America.
Anyone from any background and pursuing any academic degree is eligible to apply to this need-blind, non-partisan program.
This article gives a detailed explanation of the Coolidge scholarship, the application process, requirements, deadline, and many more.
About the Coolidge Scholarship Program:
The Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation administrates the Coolidge Scholars Program. In their junior year of high school, students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship.
Finalists are flown in for a weekend at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont, where they will be interviewed by the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury.
Coolidge Scholarship recipients are notified of their prize late in their junior year, just prior to applying to colleges (note: current high school seniors are not eligible to apply).
Finalists who are not selected as Coolidge Scholars may be eligible for a smaller, one-time college scholarship.
More so, the most important qualification for Coolidge Scholars is academic brilliance and a demonstrated interest in public policy, as well as humility and service.
Scholars get to know Coolidge and help the Coolidge Foundation run its rigorous debating programs. It has been decided that the scholars will spend one week in Plymouth Notch each summer for the next three summers.
Eligibility Requirements for the Coolidge Scholarship:
The Calvin Coolidge scholarship is available to students planning to enter full-time as undergraduates for the first time in fall 2023 at an accredited United States institution or university.
That is, students in their junior year of high school, or their homeschooled equivalent, are eligible to apply (Students who are currently high school juniors but are enrolled in certain classes at a nearby community college are eligible to apply for the Coolidge Scholarship).
Here are more of the requirements:
- Applicants must be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States of America by the 2022 scholarship deadline.
- Applicants cannot be the immediate family member of any current employee or trustee of the Coolidge Scholars Program or the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation.
How to Apply for Coolidge Scholarship in 2022
The application process for the Coolidge Scholarship requires a guarantor to write a letter. Here are the recommended guidelines for the scholarship:
- Add the first and last name of the applicant in the first paragraph of your letter.
- Add the full name and affiliation at the end of the letter.
- State how you know the applicant, for how long you’ve known the applicant, and in what capacity.
- Your letter should be no longer than 1,200 words in length
- Co-written letters or letters signed by multiple individuals are not allowed.
- Your letter may be submitted as either a PDF file or a Microsoft Word file.
Application Deadline for the Coolidge Scholarship 2022:
Summer 2022: By June 1, 2021, all candidates will be advised of their status. Applicants can monitor their application status by logging into their application portal.
Finalists will be contacted directly and invited to the Finalist Interview Weekend in Woodstock, Vermont, and historic Plymouth Notch, Vermont.
The Coolidge Foundation will cover finalists’ and one parent’s travel and hotel expenses to Finalist Weekend.
Summer 2022: Newly selected Coolidge Scholars will spend a week in Plymouth Notch, Vermont, at the Coolidge Foundation.
What is the worth of the Coolidge Scholarship?
Finalists who do not obtain the full scholarship will get a one-time $5,000 finalist scholarship.
Moreover, a Coolidge Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, lodging, and board, plus a stipend for books and supplies each year.
The Coolidge Scholarship competition is fierce, as the Coolidge Foundation invites the top 100 applicants to join its Coolidge Senators Program, which includes an all-expenses-paid Summit Weekend in Washington, D.C, and a one-time $1,000 scholarship.
To be considered for the 2022 Coolidge Scholarship, applications and letters of recommendation must be sent by January annually at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
The 2023 application is yet to start, you can check back again.
A Coolidge Scholarship is one of the world’s most generous college scholarships.
It covers the whole cost of tuition, accommodation, board, and any other costs required for four years of undergraduate education. Additionally, the Coolidge Scholarship provides a stipend for books and supplies each year.
Awesome one; I hope this article answered your question.
Share this Information.
- What does a 1st bachelor’s degree mean? (Quick Answer)
- Dr. Pepper Scholarship 2022 (Requirements, Deadline)
- 51+ MBA without Work Experience in Canada, UK, Singapore, US | 2022
- 19+ Best Educational Apps for Schools (Duolingo, Kahoot!) | 2022
- ISUS Scholarships 2022 (Full Scholarships with Eligibility) | Apply Now
- USAA Scholarships (Requirements, Benefits, Application) 2022| Apply now