Want to acquire experience and mentorship in your field?
Then, this is the opportunity for you, as this program exposes you to work experiences and mentorships and sharpens your professional skills and knowledge.
BOLD, which stands for Build Opportunity for Leadership and Development (Google Bold Internship) is an internship program organized by Google to inspire students from underrepresented communities in the technology industry.
The purpose of this internship program is to provide exposure opportunities for graduates who are majors in technology-related fields.
In addition to the connection and experience the program offers, it offers you the opportunity of permanent retention after the internship program is over.
About the Google BOLD Internship Program
The Google Building Opportunities for Leadership and Development (BOLD) Internship Program is a paid summer internship for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-year students, currently running a four-year BA/BS program and are interested in working full-time at Google.
Their program is designed to expose students from historically underrepresented communities (but not limited to Black, Native American, Hispanic, Veterans, and Students with disabilities) majoring in the technology field to career opportunities available in the industry.
Scope of the Google BOLD Internship Program
The BOLD internship program spans 11 weeks and is designed for upcoming undergraduate seniors. Placement of students include fields such as:
Sales, services, and support:
Students are assigned to work with Google managers, analysts, consultants to negotiate with clients, as well as create sales pitches.
Marketing and Communications:
Students work with different employees, from event planners to statisticians.
These interns will utilize their creative thinking ability and assist in marketing Google products all over the world.
In the Google BOLD Internship Program, students are placed in Google’s human resources department and top HR professionals and ex-consultants.
Interns need the ability to anchor and support others, peoples’ skills to work effectively in this team.
Students work in accounting, project management, and many more departments to develop innovative solutions. Here, interns help Google meet up with financial goals.
Students work in line with the sales team to develop innovative products or tools to help the company grow.
This team is best suitable for those with the product and technical sense.
In the Google BOLD Internship Program, students acquire first-hand experience with the legal side of a big firm or corporation.
They are assigned to work alongside legal professionals to acquire knowledge on law, policy, and everything about internet regulation.
How to Apply for the Google BOLD Internship Program:
To apply for the BOLD internship program.
Please note that the application for 2022 Summer will open in the Fall of 2021.
Applications are usually reviewed by a team of recruiters continuously over the fall, early spring, and winter.
Also, remember to exert patience after sending your application, and if you haven’t heard from them in a long while after application, do not panic as considerations are most likely ongoing.
And because of the high volume of applications, applicants can’t view their status updates.
Documents for the Application of Google BOLD Internship Program:
Documents to be submitted during application include:
- Contact information
- Cover letter: However, this is optional; it is in your best interest that you write it. Although, Google tends to skim cover letters.
If you make it past the first round, you will request a supplemental form to send.
This form provides additional information about your residential address, experience, and position preferences.
Moreover, ensure to choose positions you have interest and qualification in. Selecting wisely could make you pass on to the next stage, which is the interview.
After submitting the supplemental form, ensure to be patient, as it takes some students months before they receive news regarding their application status.
What are the fields or careers eligible to apply:
BOLD Interns are fixed in departments such as the technology and marketing units.
Graduates from any of the listed courses under these fields can apply for the Google Bold Internship Program.
Management and Technology:
- Project Management
- Strategic Management
- Transport Management
Management, Organisation & Leadership:
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- Human Resource Management
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Communication
- Executive MBA
- Innovation Management
- Forensic Accounting
- Retail Management
- International Business
- Risk Management
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
Worth and benefits of the Google BOLD Internship program:
The Google Bold Internship program provides extreme benefits to selected participants.
Aside from the incentives one receives during this internship program, they will have the opportunity to receive mentorship from experts in the industry and could stand the chance of being offered a permanent job at Google.
The connection and networking participants gain in the process of this program is also an added advantage.
Students selected for the Google BOLD Internship Program will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to one of Google’s headquarters that lasts a week in August.
As a Google BOLD intern, you get to:
- Learn from industry leaders and fellow interns and acquire insights on how to navigate a career.
- Set up a mentorship program and employee resource groups to assist you develop professionally and personally over the summer.
- Gain the knowledge and skills that will help you develop a successful career in project management, data visualization, and more.
- Have a lasting impact on your team, communities, Google clients and users, through your project.
Other benefits pertinent to BOLD Interns are:
- An opportunity to increase your peer network
- A rare peek into the business aspect of the technology industry.
- Insights and exposure into Google’s internship program and the career opportunities available to nontech.
The ultimate goal of the BOLD internship program is to draw in highly talented people to Google.
All BOLD interns will have the chance for a full-time job at Google.
Awesome one; I hope this article answered your question.
Share this Information.
- HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 For Pakistani Masters & Ph.D. Students8 min read
- UK Chevening Scholarships 2022-2023 Application (FAQs)7 min read
- 5+ Countries That Accept US Nursing License (FAQs) | 20238 min read
- How To Get A Towed Car Back Without Paying (FAQs) | 20236 min read
- How to Keep Your Solar Panel Clean?4 min read
- 9 Best Ways To Get Scholarships In Canada (FAQs) | 20237 min read
- 7 Best Colleges For Early Childhood Education In New England8 min read
- How To Write Bowdoin Supplemental Essays (FAQs) | 20237 min read
- How To Write The University Of Florida Supplementary Essays7 min read
- How To Write Cal Tech Supplementary Essays (FAQs) | 20239 min read