There has been a lot of discrepancies on “How to spell 40“, whether its forty or fourty. Some people say that its fourty while a more extensive population says its forty. In this article, I will give you the correct answer.
How do you spell 40 (forty or fourty)
The number “40”, is a number between 39 and 41. It is the number you get when you add (1 to 39) or subtract (1 from 41).
The correct spelling for the number 40 is forty, not fourty. The best way to remember the spelling of 40 is to use the number “four,” remember the phrase “Forget U,” and add “ty” thus “forty”.
The funny thing about the spelling is this: Four, fourteen, forty are correct but Fourty is incorrect, that’s the nature of English language.
Check out: How old are you in 7th Grade? (Best Answer)
When can I use fourty?
The word “Fourty” used to be correct in the past but now it’s updated to Forty”. You don’t have to use the word “fourty” because it is not correct. The best way to describe the number is to write it as forty, not fourty.
Examples of how you spell 40 (fourty or forty)
- My mum is forty years old.
- She went to college in the forties
- That man is not up to forty years.
You don’t have to say “That old man is not up to fourty years”, it’s wrong, its best written as “That old man is not up to forty years”.
On the other hand, in geometry, while mentioning the number, it is written in Numeral and not in words. For instance, a right-angled is more than 40 degrees, its 90 degrees. You don’t have to say that a right-angled more than forty degrees (it’s not right).
It doesn’t always work
Just like the answer to “How do you spell 40 (forty or fourty)” is forty, in the context of fifety or fifty, the answer is Fifty. In the context of ninety or ninty, the answer is ninety.
Forty or Fourty in Cheque
In writing a cheque for withdrawal of money, you use forty instead of fourty in cheque.
Final tips (fourty or forty):
In summary the right way to spell the 40(fourty or forty) is forty and not fourty.
Awesome one, I hope you learnt something new, Sharing is Caring.
- Capstone Project (Everything you need to know)6 min readTowards the end of your college journey, you require to give an account of how well you studied and what you learnt through engaging in a Capstone Project. Your academic advisor will direct you with the best way to do the project to get the …
- How old are you in 1st Grade (Best Answer)4 min readGrade placement in high school is an essential factor to consider when you want to take a child back to high school. For instance, in a situation in which a child is homeschooled and want to go back to public school, the child’s grade will be one of the significant factors to consider. Thus in …
- Types of Teachers: 70% are the number 4 type3 min readTeachers are the backbone of education, and as much while you go through college or High school, you will come in contact with different types of Teachers that will make you see education in their way. Some teachers make you understand that education is not all about academics; it includes the entire well being of …
- How to make friends as an Introvert (Easiest way ever)5 min readMaking friends, those you can call “your people”, is hard, and is even harder when you’re an introvert. You don’t know where to start or how to start. Introverts are thought to hate people because they love being in their space and on their own. But, that’s not true. How introverts make friends is sometimes …
- How old are you in 10th grade (Best Answer)4 min readGrade placement in high school is an essential factor to consider when you want to take a child back to high school. For instance, in a situation in which a child is homeschooled and want to go back to public school, the child’s grade will be one of the significant factors to consider. Thus in …