There has been a lot of discrepancies on “How to spell 40“, whether its forty or fourty. Some people say that its fourty while a more extensive population says its forty. In this article, I will give you the correct answer.
How do you spell 40 (forty or fourty)
The number “40”, is a number between 39 and 41. It is the number you get when you add (1 to 39) or subtract (1 from 41).
The correct spelling for the number 40 is forty, not fourty. The best way to remember the spelling of 40 is to use the number “four,” remember the phrase “Forget U,” and add “ty” thus “forty”.
The funny thing about the spelling is this: Four, fourteen, forty are correct but Fourty is incorrect, that’s the nature of English language.
Check out: How old are you in 7th Grade? (Best Answer)
When can I use fourty?
The word “Fourty” used to be correct in the past but now it’s updated to Forty”. You don’t have to use the word “fourty” because it is not correct. The best way to describe the number is to write it as forty, not fourty.
Examples of how you spell 40 (fourty or forty)
- My mum is forty years old.
- She went to college in the forties
- That man is not up to forty years.
You don’t have to say “That old man is not up to fourty years”, it’s wrong, its best written as “That old man is not up to forty years”.
On the other hand, in geometry, while mentioning the number, it is written in Numeral and not in words. For instance, a right-angled is more than 40 degrees, its 90 degrees. You don’t have to say that a right-angled more than forty degrees (it’s not right).
It doesn’t always work
Just like the answer to “How do you spell 40 (forty or fourty)” is forty, in the context of fifety or fifty, the answer is Fifty. In the context of ninety or ninty, the answer is ninety.
Forty or Fourty in Cheque
In writing a cheque for withdrawal of money, you use forty instead of fourty in cheque.
Final tips (fourty or forty):
In summary the right way to spell the 40(fourty or forty) is forty and not fourty.
Awesome one, I hope you learnt something new, Sharing is Caring.
- Safety Schools (Major tips about you need to know)3 min readSafety Schools are schools you apply to as your back up plan. These are schools that you have higher chances of getting into so that you won’t be rejected from college totally. Sometimes students refer these schools as the “Last hope of a common man”, …
- Early Decision vs Early Action (Best Explanation)3 min readWhen applying to different institutions, you can compare “Early Decision vs Early Action” and know which is the best application process for you. The early decision (ED) or the Early Action (EA) would benefit those students who weighed their options well. In this article, I …
- Colleague vs Coworker – What’s the difference?2 min readThe word “Colleague” was used before the word “Coworker” came into use. These words are sometimes used interchangeably, especially in a business setting or environment, because they are synonymous in a way. In comparing Colleague vs Coworker, you have to understand that both seem the same, but they have …
- How long is law school? (Well Explained with details)5 min readDo you have the dream of becoming a lawyer? but don’t know how to go about it or how long law school is? then this article is for you. Studying Law has been considered one of the most challenging careers to pursue, but here are …
- PSAT vs SAT – What’s the difference?4 min readSo many students know about either the SAT exam or the ACT exam or both. They know it is used for admission purposes, but what about the PSAT? Of what use is it to the students? This article will enlighten you on PSAT vs SAT, …