There has been a lot of discrepancies on “How to spell 50“, whether its Fifety or fifty. Some people say that its fifety while a more extensive population says its fifty. In this article, I will give you the correct answer.
How do you spell 50 (fifty or fivety)
The number “50”, is a number between 49 and 51. It is the number you get when you add (1 to 49) or subtract (1 from 51).
The correct spelling for the number 40 is fifty, not fivety . The best way to remember the spelling of 50 is to use the word “fif,” and add “ty” thus “fifty”.
The funny thing about the spelling is this: five, fifteen, fifty are correct but Fivety is incorrect, that’s the nature of the English language.
Check out: How old are you in 7th Grade? (Best Answer)
When can I use fivety?
The word “fivety” used to be correct in the past but now it’s updated to Fifty”. You don’t have to use the word “fivety” because it is not correct. The best way to describe the number is to write it as fifty, not fivety.
Examples of how you spell 50 (fifty or fivety)
- My mum is fifty years old.
- She went to college in the fifties
- That man is not up to fifty years.
You don’t have to say “That old man is not up to fivety years”, it’s wrong, its best written as “That old man is not up to fifty years”.
On the other hand, in geometry, while mentioning the number, it is written in Numeral and not in words. For instance, a right-angled is more than 50 degrees, its 90 degrees. You don’t have to say that a right-angled more than fifty degrees (it’s not right).
It doesn’t always work
Just like the answer to “How do you spell 50 (fifty or fivety)” is fifty, in the context of fourty or forty, the answer is Forty. In the context of ninety or ninty, the answer is ninety.
Fifty or Fivety in Cheque
In writing a cheque for withdrawal of money, you use fifty instead of fivety in cheque.
Final tips (fifty or fivety):
In summary, “How do you spell 50” (fifty or fivety) is fifty and not fivety.
Awesome one, I hope you learnt something new, Sharing is Caring.
- How long does the SAT take and time management tips5 min readIn our previous article, we explained the basic details on What SAT means, but in this article, we will talk about how long it takes to take SAT and major time management tips to complete on time. If you are …
- What is College Readiness? (Major tip and boosts)2 min readWondering what college readiness is? Perhaps, you have heard it during your application for a college and answered it as being ready for college, but it entails more than that. College readiness is being able to showcase the required academic …
- What is a Hybrid Class? (Major tips and benefits)3 min readOften, people chose hybrid classes without knowing what it is. They use it interchangeably with online classes, not knowing both share similarities and differences. In this article, I will give you a detailed explanation on what a Hybrid Class is, …
- What is GED? (Quick tips about this test)2 min readIn our previous article, we talked about “GED vs High School Diploma”, comparing the both and coming up the differences. In this article, we will add more tips to GED and the major functions of this test. GED, an acronym …
- Safety Schools (Major tips about you need to know)3 min readSafety Schools are schools you apply to as your back up plan. These are schools that you have higher chances of getting into so that you won’t be rejected from college totally. Sometimes students refer these schools as the “Last …