There has been a lot of discrepancies on “How to spell 15“, whether its Fifteen or Fiveteen. Some people say that its fiveteen while a more extensive population says its fifteen. In this article, I will give you the correct answer.
How do you spell 15 (Fifteen or Fiveteen)
The number “15”, is a number between 14 and 16. It is the number you get when you add (1 to 14) or subtract (1 from 16).
The correct spelling for the number 15 is fifteen, not fiveteen . The best way to remember the spelling of 15 is to use the word “fif,” and add “teen” thus “fifteen”.
The funny thing about the spelling is this: five, fifteen, fifty are correct but Fiveteen is incorrect, that’s the nature of the English language.
Check out: How old are you in 7th Grade? (Best Answer)
When can I use fiveteen?
The word “fiveteen” used to be correct in the past but now it’s updated to Fifteen“. You don’t have to use the word “fiveteen” because it is not correct. The best way to describe the number is to write it as fifteen, not fiveteen.
Examples of how you spell 15 (Fifteen or Fiveteen)
- My brother is fifteen years old.
- That girl is not up to fifteen.
You don’t have to say “That girl is not up to fiveteen“, it’s wrong, its best written as “That girl is not up to fifteen“.
It doesn’t always work
Just like the answer to “How do you spell 15 (Fifteen or Fiveteen)” is fifteen, in the context of fourty or forty, the answer is Forty. In the context of ninety or ninty, the answer is ninety.
Fifty or Fivety in Cheque
In writing a cheque for withdrawal of money, you use fifteen instead of fiveteen in cheque.
Final tips (Fifteen or Fiveteen):
In summary, “How do you spell 15” (Fifteen or Fiveteen) is fifteen and not fiveteen.
Awesome one, I hope you learnt something new, Sharing is Caring.
- Lense or Lens (Which is Correct)?2 min readOnce you hear lense or lens, the first thing that comes into your mind is photography or Eyeglasses. These two words sound alike just as “Seperate and Separate”, although one exists and the other doesn’t. And as much, one(lens) is …
- Aisle vs Isle (Which one is correct?)2 min readJust like greatful vs Grateful, there words that sound alike, of which each of them has a different meaning. In some contexts, one may exist while the other may not. Some of these words may include “aisle vs isle” which …
- Seperate vs. Separate (Which one is Correct?)2 min readMore often than not, “Seperate and Separate” are two major words that are very easy to misspell. It is natural to misspell it just like other words like forty as fourty, greatful as grateful. These words are easy to be …
- Greatful vs. Grateful – See the only Difference2 min readThese two words (Greatful vs. Grateful) to some extent sound like Homophones(same pronunciation) but one exists while the other doesn’t. They are both used interchangeably to show appreciation for what someone did and a sign of thankfulness. What is Grateful? …
- ScD Degree (Everything you need to Know)4 min readDoes it seem like a new degree, or is it just an acronym? The ScD degree is sometimes used interchangeably with a Ph.D. in some context, but it shows exceptional and extra-ordinary performance in academics. What is ScD? Table of …