There has been a lot of discrepancies on “How to spell 15“, whether its Fifteen or Fiveteen. Some people say that its fiveteen while a more extensive population says its fifteen. In this article, I will give you the correct answer.
How do you spell 15 (Fifteen or Fiveteen)
The number “15”, is a number between 14 and 16. It is the number you get when you add (1 to 14) or subtract (1 from 16).
The correct spelling for the number 15 is fifteen, not fiveteen . The best way to remember the spelling of 15 is to use the word “fif,” and add “teen” thus “fifteen”.
The funny thing about the spelling is this: five, fifteen, fifty are correct but Fiveteen is incorrect, that’s the nature of the English language.
Check out: How old are you in 7th Grade? (Best Answer)
When can I use fiveteen?
The word “fiveteen” used to be correct in the past but now it’s updated to Fifteen“. You don’t have to use the word “fiveteen” because it is not correct. The best way to describe the number is to write it as fifteen, not fiveteen.
Examples of how you spell 15 (Fifteen or Fiveteen)
- My brother is fifteen years old.
- That girl is not up to fifteen.
You don’t have to say “That girl is not up to fiveteen“, it’s wrong, its best written as “That girl is not up to fifteen“.
It doesn’t always work
Just like the answer to “How do you spell 15 (Fifteen or Fiveteen)” is fifteen, in the context of fourty or forty, the answer is Forty. In the context of ninety or ninty, the answer is ninety.
Fifty or Fivety in Cheque
In writing a cheque for withdrawal of money, you use fifteen instead of fiveteen in cheque.
Final tips (Fifteen or Fiveteen):
In summary, “How do you spell 15” (Fifteen or Fiveteen) is fifteen and not fiveteen.
Awesome one, I hope you learnt something new, Sharing is Caring.
- Indirect Instruction (Everything you need to know)3 min readTeaching a lesson involves indirect instruction and instructional decisions. The teacher handling the lesson must be able to identify the following: The content of the lesson. The processes involved while handling the lesson The academic interest of the students The …
- Academic Rigor – Major tips and tricks4 min readMany teachers do not seem to be aware of the meaning of academic rigor. They do not even know how to inculcate academic rigor within their classes or in their activities. Most of them seem to have the wrong meaning …
- Explaination vs. Explanation – Which is correct?2 min readExplaination and Explanation are two words that are often misplaced for each other since the root word is “Explain”. These two words seem very confusing at times even to professionals in the field of the English Language. Explaination is often …
- Advanced degree – Major tips and facts4 min readGoing for an advanced degree can mean going for a postgraduate, master’s, a doctoral degree or a PhD. It has to do with schooling to get academic and professional degrees. The various types of Graduate degrees: Table of Contents The …
- Whome vs. Whom – What’s the difference?2 min readWhome and Whom can easily be misplaced for each other because they are similar in spelling and especially in pronunciation. Whome is a misspelling of Whom and as such, does not exist in the English dictionary. On the other hand, …