There has been a lot of discrepancies on “How to spell 80“, whether its Eighty or Eightty. Some people say that its Eightty while a more extensive population says its Eighty. In this article, I will give you the correct answer.
How do you spell 80 (Eighty or Eightty)
The number “80”, is a number between 79 and 81. It is the number you get when you add (1 to 79) or subtract (1 from 81).
The correct spelling for the number 80 is Eighty, not Eightty . The best way to remember the spelling of 80 is to use the word “Eight,” and add “y” thus “Eighty”.
The funny thing about the spelling is this: Eight, Eighteen, Eighty are correct but Eightty is incorrect, that’s the nature of the English language.
Check out: How old are you in 7th Grade? (Best Answer)
When can I use Eightty?
The word “Eightty” is not correct. You could see “eightty” as a result of the mistake of writing “Eighty”. You don’t have to use the word “Eightty” in your sentences because it is not correct. The best way to describe the number is to write it as Eighty, not Eightty.
Examples of how you spell 80 (Eighty or Eightty)
- My brother is eighteen years old.
- My grandmother is not up to eighty years.
You don’t have to say “My grandmother is not up to eightty years.”, it’s wrong, its best written as “My grandmother is not up to eighty years.”.
It doesn’t always work
Just like the answer to “How do you spell 80 (Eighty or Eightty)” is Eighty, in the context of fourty or forty, the answer is Forty. In the context of ninety or ninty, the answer is ninety.
Eighty or Eightty in Cheque
In writing a cheque for withdrawal of money, you use Eighty instead of Eightty in cheque.
Final tips (Eighty or Eightty):
In summary, “How do you spell 80” (Eighty or Eightty) is Eighty and not Eightty.
Awesome one, I hope you learnt something new, Sharing is Caring.
Check out more: How do you spell 80 in words (Plus Currency)
- Toward or Towards (Which is Correct)?2 min readThe English Language is unique and amazing because of words like “Toward or Towards”. These two words mean the same thing but have different spellings. In the context of this statement, “Should I go towards him or should he come …
- Lense or Lens (Which is Correct)?2 min readOnce you hear lense or lens, the first thing that comes into your mind is photography or Eyeglasses. These two words sound alike just as “Seperate and Separate”, although one exists and the other doesn’t. And as much, one(lens) is …
- Aisle vs Isle (Which one is correct?)2 min readJust like greatful vs Grateful, there words that sound alike, of which each of them has a different meaning. In some contexts, one may exist while the other may not. Some of these words may include “aisle vs isle” which …
- Seperate vs. Separate (Which one is Correct?)2 min readMore often than not, “Seperate and Separate” are two major words that are very easy to misspell. It is natural to misspell it just like other words like forty as fourty, greatful as grateful. These words are easy to be …
- Greatful vs. Grateful – See the only Difference2 min readThese two words (Greatful vs. Grateful) to some extent sound like Homophones(same pronunciation) but one exists while the other doesn’t. They are both used interchangeably to show appreciation for what someone did and a sign of thankfulness. What is Grateful? …