Thinking of how to apply for a UK visitor visa in Nigeria? don’t worry, you are in the right place.
Lots of people travel to the UK every year for different reasons, amongst these reasons include tourism, business, research, and vacation.
To enter the UK as a tourist, a businessman or woman, or a researcher, you require a specific type of visa known as the “Standard Visitor Visa” or simply the “Visitor Visa”.
What is a Standard Visitor Visa?
A Standard Visitor Visa is basically a type of visa issued for short-term stay and tourism purposes.
It allows applicants to stay in the UK for business and business-related activities, family visits, tourism and leisure, research, and medical treatment.
An applicant with a Standard Visitor Visa can stay in the UK for up to six months, but might be able to stay longer under certain circumstances like:
- If the applicant is an academic on sabbatical leave and coming to the UK for academic research, then he/she may be allowed to stay up to 12 months.
- If the applicant is coming to the UK for private medical treatment, he/she may be allowed to stay up to 11 months.
How to apply for a UK visitor visa in Nigeria:
Fill the Online Application Form:
You have to fill the online visa application form on the Visa4UK website, submit, and then pay the visa fees. Also, remember to print out a copy of the completed online form as well as the receipt for visa fees.
Get The Required Documents:
To apply for a UK visitor visa from Nigeria, there are documents that are required of you.
These documents can vary depending on your purpose for visiting the UK, however, there are general documents that you must present and they include:
- UK visa online application form
- Two photographs; not older than six months.
- A valid passport; with one page blank on both sides.
- Evidence of payment of visa fees
- Proof of Accommodation.
- Proof of Financial capacity to meet the cost of living in the UK.
- Receipt of Biometric information; if you are to stay beyond six months
- Flight bookings
- Tuberculosis Test Results.
- Translations of Documents not in English or Welsh
- Details of Travel Itinerary; your travel dates to and from the UK, detailed plan on how you intend to spend your time in the UK.
- Birth certificates of children; if traveling with your children.
If you are traveling to the UK for academic research or exchange, these additional documents are required while applying for a UK visitor visa in Nigeria:
- Letter from the employer; showing that a leave of absence has been given for the period.
- Letter of invitation from the host institution.
If traveling for private medical treatment, these additional documents are also required:
- Confirmation of medical condition
- Confirmation for further medical care
- Proof of payment for medical treatment.
Book an Appointment:
You’ll have to book an appointment at a Visa Application Support Centre, which can also be done on the same website on which you filled the application form.
Remember to print out a copy of the appointment confirmation and take it with you along with all other required documents for the appointment.
For applicants whose stay will exceed six months, your biometric information will be collected which will include a digital scan image of you and the fingerprints of your ten fingers.
More tips on How to apply for a UK visitor visa in Nigeria
When going for the appointment, you have to with the following documents:
- Your current passport
- A print out copy of your application form
- A copy of your Biometric confirmation receipt
- Submit Your Application
- Your application along with all required documents should be submitted at the appointment.
FOR MORE INQUIRIES AND QUESTIONS:
UK EMBASSY IN NIGERIA
UK Embassy, Abuja
British High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria.
19 Torrens Close, Off Mississippi Street.
Off Shehu Shagari Way (North), Maitama. Abuja.
Dangote House, Aguyi Ironsi Street
Telephone: (+234) (9) 462 2200
Fax: (+234) (9) 462 2263
Email: [email protected]
Location in Lagos(Apply for UK visitor visa in Nigeria)
UK Embassy, Lagos
Address: British Deputy High Commission.
11 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island. Lagos, Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
Final Tips on How to apply for a UK visitor visa in Nigeria
UK Visitor Visa can take from 3 weeks to up to 3 months to process depending on some factors. Remember that if it is approved or rejected, you will be sent a mail with the email you used to apply for the UK visitor visa.
If you get a refusal, you will be given a reason for that, maybe due to incomplete documents or clarifications of your reason for traveling which will result in a visa refusal stamp being placed on your Passport.
So try and more careful while applying for a UK visitor Visa.
Thanks for reading this article.
Sharing is Caring.
Read more: How long does it take to get a Nigerian Visa
More tips: How to get a Bank Statement for Visa