Chromebooks are extremely potent pieces of technology, and because of their widespread adoption in the educational sector, it is simple to govern and restrict what students may do with them.
If your school provided you with a Chromebook, you might have found that certain websites are restricted from being accessed.
This raises the question: how can one unblock websites on a school Chromebook? This article is for you if you want to know how to unblock websites on a Chromebook.
We’ll show you the different ways you can go about unblocking websites on your school Chromebook.
Is It Possible To Unblock Websites While Using A School Chromebook?
On a school Chromebook, it is possible to access websites that have been blocked. All you require is a connection to a proxy server, and you will be able to visit the website you have your heart set on.
There are a lot of free proxy servers online that are compatible with the network at your school, so it shouldn’t be hard for you to find one.
When you find a proxy server that works, all you have to do is type the URL of the website you want to visit into the field on the proxy server for web addresses, and you should be able to get to the website without any trouble.
There is, of course, always the possibility that the network at your school will block the proxy server itself.
Because of this, it is important to experiment with several different proxy servers until you find one that is successful.
Additionally, you can use an internet website to unblock the program.
You can gain access to websites that have been blocked on your school Chromebook by going through their server instead. This will be possible thanks to such extensions.
In light of this, there is no reason to be concerned about proxy servers or anything else.
Just type in the URL of the website you want to see, and you will have full access to that website without having to do anything else.
There is also a free trial period for these kinds of programs, so you can try them out before deciding whether or not to pay for a membership to the service.
If your school’s network doesn’t block access to the proxy server itself, you should be able to use this method to get to any website you want.
- 7+ Best Business Schools in California (FAQs)
- 5 Best Architectural Engineering Colleges in the United States (FAQs)
- Is Computer Communications Equipment a Good Career Path? (FAQs)
How Do I Unblock Restricted Websites on My School Administrator Chromebook?
It can be an aggravating experience when you try to get some work done on your school-issued Chromebook but cannot do so because your institution has imposed some restrictions on its use.
You don’t need to worry, though, because we’ve made it easy for you to unblock any website.
How to do it:
If you are attempting to unblock websites on a school Chromebook, you have a strong chance of success if you use a virtual private network (VPN).
A virtual private network connects a private network to a public network and lets users send and receive data as if their computers were directly connected to the private network.
A virtual private network lets you get around any restrictions your school may have put in place by sending your traffic through a server in another location.
You will, of course, need to use a VPN service that you can trust, and in some cases, you may also need to change the connection settings by hand.
However, connecting to a virtual private network (VPN) using a school Chromebook is undoubtedly one of the best choices you can make in this situation.
A proxy server is a server program that functions as an intermediary between a client requesting a resource and the server supplying that resource in computer networking.
The usage of proxy servers is one example of such an approach.
By establishing a connection to a proxy server, you can direct all of your traffic through that server, evading any restrictions that may have been implemented at your school.
There are a large number of free proxy servers that can be found on the internet. However, these servers are not necessarily reliable.
An additional choice is to use a web-based proxy service, which may be located by searching on Google for the term “web-based proxy.”
Typically, you will be able to enter the URL of the website that you wish to visit into one of these services, and then the service will load the website for you.
On the other hand, your school may have prohibited access to these services.
- Visit the Lambdatest website. This is how you will get into any website blocked on your school Chromebook.
- After you have navigated, select the login option.
- On the screen where you log in, you will have two options: click “Sign Up” or “Sign Up Using Your Google Account.” It is significantly quicker if you sign up using an existing Google account.
- You will automatically be taken to the dashboard once you have finished the registration process.
- Check that the tab on the left side of the screen labeled “real-time testing” is selected.
- In the field designated for the URL, type in the restricted URL you wish to make accessible.
- To access the restricted website, you wish to visit, click the Start button.
- What are Fast Track LPN Programs? (FAQs, 13+ Nursing tricks)
- Can a Teacher Take your Phone in Class? (FAQs, Steps)
- How many Credits is an Associate Degree? (FAQs, Job Success tips)
4. College Board Application:
In this approach, we will be utilizing the program provided by the College Board Application to unblock restricted websites on your school Chromebook; the process is straightforward.
- Select the time using the drop-down menu in the bottom right.
- Click the Sign out button.
- Navigate to the Apps menu. You’ll find it on the bottom left of the display.
- Launch the app called Collage Board.
- Click the Forget This Username button.
- You will need to access YouTube. To do this, scroll down and click the symbol.
- After the YouTube page has loaded, select the Sign In tab at the top.
- To view the terms, select them at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, click the icon that looks like 9 dots.
- Choose the Search option.
Google will open in a new tab or window, and you can navigate to any website you like.
If you have been careful throughout the process, you should now be able to unblock restricted websites on your school Chromebook by applying this method.
RollApp is a software-on-demand service hosted in the cloud and provides instant delivery of pre-existing third-party software applications to any device equipped with a web browser.
We will be utilizing a piece of software known as Brackets on the school Chromebooks that we have to unblock websites.
It is a coding editor that is quite simple to use and comes with its built-in browser, which we will employ to access websites that have been blocked.
- On your Chromebook, visit the RollApp website.
- Create an account by signing up.
- Sign in with the account you have created.
- In the menu, locate and click on Apps.
- Keep scrolling until you see the brackets icon, then click on it.
- It will now launch in a new tab or window.
- Now, in the top right-hand corner of the screen, you should click on the lightning icon.
- This will now launch an older version of the Chromium web browser.
- You are now able to access any website that you like.
6. Reset the Chromebook:
The first thing you’ll need to do to reset your Chromebook is switch over to Developer Mode. Entering developer mode requires you to simultaneously press the “ESC,” “Refresh,” and “Power” buttons.
Because the operating system is broken, the computer will show you a message on the screen telling you to put in recovery media.
Once the message has appeared, simultaneously press the “CTRL” and “D” buttons, and then press the “Enter” button.
Following this series of actions, your computer will restart, and you will be taken straight to the developer mode of Chrome OS.
Finally, repeat the previous step of pressing the “CTRL” and “D” buttons. Your computer will finally clean itself using the power washing function this time.
If the Chromebook is given a “power wash,” the same as a “factory reset” on a Windows computer, all of the user’s files, videos, and account information will be erased.
The process of resetting will take some time, the exact amount of which will vary depending on the model of your computer and the speed of your internet connection.
When the procedure is finished, you will have to turn on the verification of the system and then go back to the default mode.
After you finish this process, the school or administrator will no longer be able to control your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Unblock Websites on School Chromebook:
The only ways to disable school limitations on a Chromebook are for the school to remove them or to perform a factory reset.
A public web proxy is one of the easiest methods for unblocking websites. A public web proxy may not be as fast or secure as a VPN, but it is a viable alternative when using public computers that prohibit VPN installation. Proxies conceal your IP address and redirect your web traffic across various public servers.
Use a VPN
Type the IP Address of the Website
Use Google Translate as an Impromptu Proxy Server
Use a Smartphone Hotspot on Mobile Data
Change HTTPS to HTTP
Make Alterations In Your DNS Server
Connect To Wi-Fi Using Smartphone Hotspot
To sum it all up, there are a few distinct approaches that one may take to unblock websites on a Chromebook utilized in a school setting.
Using a proxy server or virtual private network (VPN) to circumvent a filtering system at school is the most straightforward method.
However, even if the school has prevented access to those means, there are still a few options available.
If the steps in this article are followed, any student should be able to get to the websites they need for school or fun.
Awesome one; I hope this article answered your question.
- 11 Best Paying Jobs in Steel/Iron Ore (FAQs)
- Is Gold Chains a Good Career Path? (FAQs)
- How to Become a Model in India (FAQs)
- 4 Best Countries For Software Engineers (FAQs)
- Is Commercial Banking a Good Career Path? (FAQs)
If you find this article good, please share with a friend.