Is Self confidence really built? What self-esteem exercises can I really do to build up myself and be more productive?
Here they are:
This is the power of belief.
Having a positive mental attitude about yourself will help you to be more confident in whatever you are doing. You need to build up a positive approach towards anything that you do.
Sometimes it feels like nothing is working out, everything is turning against you, you don’t feel like continuing but wait! I believe you can, you can achieve whatever you set your mind to achieve if you believe you can.
Avoid the bad circle:
The people around you play a vital role in your life.
Sometimes their decision influences yours, you get to act along with them to feel among and not neglected from the crew, so you join them to do whatever they want to.
One thing about a bad inner circle is that they have a way of deforming any self-esteem exercises you create.
Read also: What age do you start University?
How do I deal with this?
Hand pick your friends, let go of the ones that drain the energy and focus from you.
Listen, you are in control of your life and you can let go of anyone, so don’t let anyone take you down and make you quit something you have put in you best.
Get a motivation:
What really drives you to work hard? Is it to make more money? or to be more valuable or even to feel happy…What ever it is,
let it always be on your mind, let it be something that will prompt you to wake up early and stay up late at night.
This is how I motivate myself:
I have a vision and goal to help develop and make life in college easy for college students.
That is what motivates me to work hard and research concerning it.
Another thing is that i have a motivational quote as a wallpaper such that whenever i open my laptop to type, I feel motivated to reach my goal and vision.
Its one of the self-esteem exercises that works well for me.
Read also: 10 best school life hacks for Students
Dress wonderfully well:
This is one of the self-esteem exercises that also really works for me. Whenever i dress nicely, I feel motivated to talk, to interact and to grow my network.
Its a common saying that “you are addressed the way you dress”, so to really build your self confidence to the utmost, you need to look smart.
Imagine going into a party and not wearing the ideal color of the day, do you really feel confident to talk there? Do you walk around anyhow?…No!
but when you well dressed in the ideal color and you look good, you won’t sit down, you will keep moving from one place to another to grow your network.
That’s one of the self confidence exercises.
Drop this Habit:
The worry habit is one habit that makes you swing in the act of nothingness.
You waste your time revolving around thoughts that are taking you down and making you depressed.
There are times things naturally won’t just go your way, even the most confident and agile people around have to still need to pick themselves up from the dirt and continue. So no need to drain your energy in the flows of worry.
For things to change, you have to change and for things to get better you have to get better.Jim Rohn
You need to read books that can boost your self-esteem. self-esteem exercises Books help to energize your thought and make you understand that you can conquer whatever you set your mind to.
Books have a special way of penetrating the heart and make impact in the life of the reader.
Self-esteem exercises for the Body:
Exercise is a special way of picking up and help you sweat off the unnecessary energy in your body.
Try your best to work out, to jog and take a walk when it feels like things are going against you. Feel the fresh air that comes from outside, don’t let the tough times keep you strained and weak.
Start from a Small goal:
A dream without a plan is just time wasting.
You need to set goals and work towards achieving them. But what happens if you set a goal and you are having issues with reaching it, then start from a small goal.
A dream is there to motivate and help you reach your utmost height.
Even when you try your best and its not working out, keep calm, review the goals that have been set using the SMART principle and start over again. I believe in you.
Go the Extra mile:
There are times that you need to take a calculated risk.
Risks are there to help you win or help you learn.
A risk is one of the self-esteem exercises that really arouses your sense of reasoning because you don’t want to lose in the process.
Have a Stand:
Have something that you believe in that works for you. Don’t the noise of the outside world break you down.
5 adequate steps to exercise your self confidence(It worked for me):
A man of about 28 years of age walked up to me after a seminar and said to me,
Man: Success visa, can i talk to you for a sec.
Me: (surprised) Sure sir.
Man: I have no confidence in myself, I’m just sunk. Why is it that all my life I have been tormented by inferiority feelings, by lack of confidence, by self doubt?
Me: I was shocked to hear these from the man so I give him these 5 adequate steps and it worked for him. Here are the 5 steps to building up your self-esteem exercises.
The Picture Syndrome
Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of Yourself as succeeding.
Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will definitely seek to develop this picture. “As a man thinks so he becomes”, so you have to keep your mind positive and success conscious. Practice this type of self-esteem exercises.
The Voice Syndrome
Whenever a negative thought concerning your personal powers comes to mind, deliberately voice a positive thought to cancel it out.
The imagination Syndrome
Do not build up obstacles in your imagination. Depreciate every so called obstacle.
Minimize them. Difficulties must be studied and efficiently dealt with to be eliminated, but they must be seen for only what they are. They must not be inflated by fear thoughts.
Read also: 15 Awesome things to do early in the Morning
The “You are Unique” Syndrome
This is my best among the self esteem exercises.
Do not be awestruck by other people and try to copy them. Nobody can be you as efficiently as YOU can.
Remember also that most people, despite their confident appearance and demeanor are often as scared as YOU are and as doubtful of themselves.
The Repetition Syndrome
Ten times each day practice the following affirmation, repeating it out loud if possible. “I can do it because I am a Success”… Repeat those words NOW as you are reading this post.
This is the most powerful self confidence exercise on earth to inferiority thought.
The Counselor Syndrome
Get a competent counselor to help you understand why you do what you do. Learn the origin of your inferiority and self doubt feeling which often begin in childhood. Self knowledge leads to a cure.
Practice this self confidence exercise.
The Self Respect Syndrome
Make a true estimate of your own ability, then raise it 10 percent. Do not become egotistical, but develop a wholesome self respect. You are more than you think you are.
Conclusion self esteem exercises:
Use these tips to motivate yourself to start work.
Share this with a friend that needs it.
Thanks for reading this post.
- PTE score vs. IELTS (Overview, difficulty, sections)5 min readTo pick out among “PTE score vs. IELTS” is a difficult choice to make for individuals who seek permanent residency or to further their studies abroad. IELTS is presently considered the most reliable English test, while PTE is the most recent entrant to the field, released in 2009. Considering its recognition and acceptance, it’s miles …
- CELPIP vs. IELTS (Meaning, diff, format, sections)6 min readIf you consider taking an English test for migrating to an English-speaking country, your most reliable option should be any of the “CELPIP” vs. “IELTS” tests; I know you might be wondering which one is right for you. One question that potential candidates often ask themselves about the CELPIP vs. IELTS tests is; “do I …
- Guest Lecturer (Meaning, how-to, benefits)4 min readTeaching or lecturing, in this case, is the act of imparting general knowledge to individuals. However, lecturing can be done in different places, not only in educational institutions but in other forms of learning. For example, a prominent chef can be invited to a restaurant to teach the chefs how to produce a certain food …
- Types of Reading (Meaning, benefits)5 min readReading is a very important action to practice. The act of reading provides knowledge on all sorts of things. However, almost all knowledge has been documented and can be read. In this article, you will be introduced to the different types of reading, thereby giving you a choice to pick the type or types appropriate …
- Waitlisted vs. Deferred – What’s the difference?6 min readThis article will explain everything you need to know about “being waitlisted”, and “being deferred” in the format of ” Waitlisted vs. Deferred“. So read on. Waiting for an answer to a college or university application can seem like forever, particularly after all the strenuous and tiring work of putting together an application. Most applicants …