Wow! 10 Personal Development books every Student should read…(Amazing)
Have you heard this phrase, “Don’t let your schooling interfere with your Education“
It sounds weird right? let me explain…
You are a student, you attend lectures, you study your academic books, yes that’s okay…You are just Schooling.
Educating yourself is growing your life all round(360 degrees); it includes: attending lectures, reading non-academics books that can help you speak better,
communicate well, grow your leadership skills, also involving yourself in extra-curricular activities etc.
I’m really touched by the phrase above because while I was in school, I focused on schooling alone, I was a triangular student(Class to library to home… repeatedly).
I don’t want you to make the same mistake I made while I was in school.
Lets get back to the topic: (Personal Development books every Student should read).
There are a thousand and one books out there but these ten books have changed the lives of those that read them(example, me).
Reading is a core factor in the life of a student, I don’t mean reading academic books, I mean reading books that will help you grow yourself in character, wisdom and Understanding.
These are the Personal Development books every Student should read:
The power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale:
“One of the most powerful concepts, one which is a sure cure for lack of confidence, is the thought that God is actually with you and helping you”
This book is an international bestseller that has sold more than 5 million copies.
It’s purely a personal development book that teaches how to believe in yourself, how to have constant energy, the prayer power,
how to create your happiness, how to expect the best and get it, how to solve personal problems, how to get people to like you, and how to draw upon that higher power.
This book has really changed my life and I recommend it to you.
One thing that struck me in this book is the ability to empty your mind and fill it with positive and thoughts of Success.
This book is my no 1 book among the Personal Development books every Student should read.
Grab a copy and read and tell a friend about this book now!.
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently – Warren Buffett”
This book is a business/self development book. It gives you the ultimate business guide with 101 profitable business ideas to start any business as a student.
One thing I love about this book is that it’s interacting, its practical, clear, its easy to understand and most importantly the words are student-friendly.
Do you want to learn the ethics of Branding yourself, your business, how to apply for grants, how to write a Business plan, how to get money to startup a business, then this book is for you.
It was written by a problem solver (Bella Victor) and forwarded by Prof.O.Ebiringa and Eizu Uwaoma.
This is my best business/self development among the 10 Personal Development books every Student should read.
Grab a copy and read and also tell a friend about this awesome book.
Buy the Future by Otabil Mensa:
“People see life from where they are. If, for some reason, you sit in the seat of scarcity, you will only see scarcity even if your environment abounds in wealth”
This book teaches how to negotiate for a future better than the present.
How does the future look?
Do you wish to discover the tools by which you can design a better future for yourself?
The power of choice has been given to each of us; how we formulate our choices now becomes crucial to the quantity of life we live in the near future.
It used the story of Esau and Jacob to explain how choices are made properly. In addition, this book teaches how to discover the tools to redesign your life and future.
Grab a copy and read till the end.
This book is the best book for learning the act of negotiation among the Personal Development books every student should read.
Dig your well before you’re Thirsty by Harvey Mackay:
“Your standing among your peers is probably the single most accurate indicator of the value of your network”
This book is the only networking book you’ll ever need. It teaches you how to build a good network.
Remember that your Network is your net worth, so you need to build a network that will help you build a better future.
It explained the 10 rules of networking:
- I will not assume that the person with the credentials is the person with the power.
- For mine or anyone else’s, I will not confuse visibility with credibility – .
- For the other guy, I will never say no
- I will differentiate between my network and my company’s network.
- If I don’t know, or I’m not sure, I’ll ask my customers and my contacts.
I don’t want to give you all the 10 rules of networking, I want you to grab the book and read.
Tell a friend about this book.
For me, this book is the best networking book among the Personal Development books every Student should read.
Think like a billionaire become a Billionaire by Scot Anderson:
“Just solve 5% more problems than you are right now and you will move from average to successful”
This book is all about the way you think.
It talks about 7 aspects of life which includes:
1. Money: We look for money to spend but Billionaires look for ways to invest money.
2. Investing: We invest just like a little.
3. Jobs: We think a better jobs will make us wealthy.
4. Risks: We stay away from risks because we might fail but Billionaires know if they don’t take risks, they’ve already failed.
I don’t want to give you all the 7 aspects of life, I want you to grab the book and read.
Tell a friend about the 5th Personal Development books every Student should read.
Read this post: The 21st century Skills every student needs
Personal Development books
Valuable Content marketing by Sonja Jefferson and Sharon Tanton:
“Content is king, in writing contents, use the AIDA principle – Awareness, Interest, Desire, Action”
This book teaches how to write quality content and the key to business success.
It teaches why creating and sharing valuable content is so effective today.
It teaches how to get the best out of new marketing tools at your disposal – blogging, social media, video, e-books, email marketing,
how to make your website valuable, how to distribute your valuable content so it reaches the people who buy your products or services, how salespersons can use valuable content to open doors for better sales conversations,
a practical step by step content marketing strategy for your business,
how to uncover your organization’s hidden store of valuable content, how to write the type of content that people want to find and share.
This is the only book among the (10 Personal Development books every Student should read) that teaches how to write contents. It was the book I read before I started this website.
Grab this book.
Go Pro by Eric Worre:
“Its hard to meet new people if you are hiding from the world”
This book is a network marketing book that teaches how to build a network of people around your business. It teaches you the best way to find prospects, inviting prospects and understanding your products well, presenting your product to your prospects and following up with them.
It also teaches you the act of networking with people.
Grab a copy of this book and read.
How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie:
“Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language. Don’t forget it!”
Carnegie teaches that to succeed in life, you must put others first. Then, communicate to that person that they own that number one spot. Therefore, you should be honest and sincere.
Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain about the other person. If you want others to like you, remember their name, smile at them, and be a good listener.
He shared his research and knowledge in this book, which was first published in 1936.
It’s currently one of the greatest books of all times and its really of great importance among the personal development books every student should read.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey:
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply”
Since it was first published in 1989, there have been over 25 million copies of this book. It is in print in over 40 languages.
College students, entrepreneurs, business owners, corporate presidents, and Presidents of the United States of America value Covey’s words.
In 2011, this book was one of the 25 most influential books for business management and its an influential book among the 10 personal development books every student should read.
If you have a desire to succeed there are 7 habits that you should develop. In this article, we provide a summary of the meaning of the 7 habits taught by Covey.
The first three habits began with a person’s ability to be a master of his or her self.
You should be willing to do what it takes to make things happen.
Know where you want to end up before you start. Start with the things that are most important first.
The next three habits deal with how to interact with others.
Your actions must yield positive results for everyone.
Attempt to understand others before trying to explain your views.
Develop a strong team by working together.
The final habit takes us back full circle with a reminder about the need to keep improving upon the other six, Keep learning.
Personal Development books
Anger is a Choice by Tim Lahaye with Bob Phillips:
“Are you an angry person?…Then join the club! So are we, We both have struggled with anger in the past. “You mean you don’t struggle with it now?” you ask.
We would like to be able to answer that by saying we no longer have to face our anger. We would like to tell you that we have found the “golden key” that eliminates hostility.
And that if you will follow certain techniques, you will no longer have to deal with anger”.
This book is designed with several thoughts in mind:
i.To help you as an individual to make choices about your anger.
ii.To be used as a study guide for Bible classes, home study, groups or other small groups etc.
I must confess, this book is awesome, get a copy now!
Conclusion on Personal Development books every Student should read:
From the 10 personal development books every student should read, I want you to pick you one book and start with it.
You might give the excuse of time, but I want to tell you that you have enough time if you plan yourself well. Jim Kwik said, “Most people don’t read because they don’t value reading”, so VALUE reading and see yourself take a new course for your life.
I just remembered the quote from Jim Rohn where he said,”What a man reads pours massive ingredients into his mental factory and the fabric of this life is built from those ingredients”.
Start reading today and now! Pick a book among the personal development books every student should read.
Share this with a friend now.
- How many credits to graduate College (Best tips)3 min readTo graduate from college, you are required to complete and earn credit hours. The number of credit hours required depends mainly on the type of degree you are pursuing, and sometimes your field of study. So, “How many credits does it take to graduate college?”. Each degree type has a distinct and specific credit requirement, …
- Degree vs Major – The major difference2 min readThe terms “degree” and “major” are often used interchangeably and thought to be the same, but the truth is they are quite different. Understanding the differences as in “Degree vs. Major” will enable you to make brilliant choices and decisions regarding your education. Degree vs Major Table of Contents Degree vs MajorWhat Is a Degree?Degree …
- How long is a college semester? (Quick answer)2 min readHow long a college semester is, is one question a lot of students, especially high school graduates, ask. This question doesn’t have a straight answer though as the length of a semester depends on how the school’s academic calendar is structured, amongst other reasons. Schools have different academic structures, but the most common ones are: …
- Formal Education (Major things you need to know)3 min readFormal education is a type of education or a form of learning that is structured and systematic. It takes place in a classroom and starts from elementary school through to secondary school, and further to colleges and universities. Under this form of education, students are taught basic academic skills. Instruction and teaching in formal education …
- AS Degree: (Every detail you need)4 min readAS degree stands for “Associate degree”. It is totally different from a bachelor’s degree. It takes one a long time to obtain a bachelor’s degree than it takes one to obtain an associate degree. Having an associate degree can help you get into a bachelor’s program to complete your studies. Having a bachelor’s degree can …