Studying abroad gives students the opportunity to experience the lifestyle and culture of a foreign nation. This makes the studying process fun as they will learn new things about their host country, history, and life in general. Do you wish to study abroad? In this article, we’ll be giving major Reasons to Study Abroad.
Study Abroad Meaning:
To study abroad means to travel out of your country to a new country, to achieve knowledge and earn a degree. The study program may last for a year or more depending on the course of study. For instance, a Ph.D. program may take about three to four years to complete if you study abroad.
Reasons to Study Abroad:
Experience A New Culture
Students are usually taught about the history, culture, and lifestyle of countries, but never truly understand it as they lack the first-hand experience. Studying abroad avails students the opportunity to experience the culture of a foreign country first-hand, thereby giving them a better understanding, which leads to them appreciating it more.
On the other hand, the student gets to join the culture and understand how it feels to be part of a new culture and also connect with the people associated with it.
Improve Language Skills
In school, students are taught one or two foreign languages, which they sometimes forget entirely or lose the right accent after some time.
Studying abroad helps students brush up or improve their language skills by interacting and mingling with the locals of the international community as well as practicing the language in their day to day life.
Taking language classes at their host university can also help. The amazing thing about the improvement in language skills is that the student learns during interactions and gets to be easily corrected if mistakes are made. This is one of the significant reasons to Study Abroad in a country that speaks a different language from your host country.
Meet and Make New Friends
There is one thing you will gain from studying abroad if you are not an introvert, that major thing is “FRIENDS”. You will meet people from different specs of life and a different level of thinking.
These friends will expose you to a lot of things that you didn’t know but it’s left for you to chose the right path to follow.
On the other hand, when studying and living abroad, students get to meet people from different and diverse cultures. This enables them to improve and develop their social and interaction skills as well as allows them to learn and better understand people from other countries and cultures.
It also helps students build their international networks, which can come in handy in the future. These friends will also be helpful when you go back to your own country; they can be a source of connection for you to anybody in that country you studied. I know that you could see this as one of the Reasons to Study Abroad.
Reasons to Study Abroad
Experience New Styles of Education
When studying abroad, students experience new methods of teaching and learning that might be different from that their home countries.
This might be tasking and daunting to cope with, but it will expose them to other possible ways of learning as well as help them understand the people, their traditions, beliefs, and their perception of life.
For instance, in your country of study, you might not be exposed to the practical aspect of your course of study, but the foreign school might seek more practical and less theory thus, exposing you to a new style of education and experience.
If you have poor educational standards in your country, this could be one of the reasons to Study Abroad.
Being Independent teaches you maturity. Thus being in a new and unfamiliar environment can be overwhelming and sometimes cause self-doubt, but it also helps build independence, self-reliance, and discipline.
Studying and living abroad helps students discover themselves (strengths, weaknesses, and interests they thought they never had) and improves their ability to adapt to new circumstances and situations. They also become mature, responsible, independent, and confident.
Most individuals or people who studied abroad have a lot of life experiences, improved skills (languages, adaptability, social, etc.), an exceptional educational background, and a new perspective to life in general.
All these traits on a resume are very attractive to employees and can create wonderful opportunities in their career path. On the other hand, if you study in a superior course in a superior country (Studying Medicine in India), you will be sought after thus creating more career opportunities and more funds for you.
Studying abroad is an amazing opportunity for students to study at institutions and in countries whose resources match their ambitions and passions.
They can study in countries whose universities lead in researches in their preferred field of study and have access to historic landmarks, archives, and libraries.
All these will help them have a better understanding of their subject or course of study, and also deepen their knowledge. It can also lead to them discovering new interests and passions.
On the other hand, it will help you to compare and contrast the style of living of your country and that of the present country and also help you to select the best that will fit you better.
This is one of the major Reasons to Study Abroad.
Reasons to Study Abroad:
Deciding whether to study abroad may be difficult, but is worth it. It shapes you and exposes you to a whole lot of opportunities and life-changing experiences that may be a once in a lifetime affair. Irrespective of the apprehension and doubt, grab the opportunity and take a leap. The variety they say is the spice of life, spice yours up.
On the other hand, there is an article on The 12 Reasons not to study abroad, talking about the disadvantages of studying abroad. You can check it out.
Awesome one, I hope this article helped. Sharing is Caring.
- Safety Schools (Major tips about you need to know)3 min readSafety Schools are schools you apply to as your back up plan. These are schools that you have higher chances of getting into so that you won’t be rejected from college totally. Sometimes students refer these schools as the “Last hope of a common man”, …
- Early Decision vs Early Action (Best Explanation)3 min readWhen applying to different institutions, you can compare “Early Decision vs Early Action” and know which is the best application process for you. The early decision (ED) or the Early Action (EA) would benefit those students who weighed their options well. In this article, I …
- How long is law school? (Well Explained with details)5 min readDo you have the dream of becoming a lawyer? but don’t know how to go about it or how long law school is? then this article is for you. Studying Law has been considered one of the most challenging careers to pursue, but here are …
- PSAT vs SAT – What’s the difference?4 min readSo many students know about either the SAT exam or the ACT exam or both. They know it is used for admission purposes, but what about the PSAT? Of what use is it to the students? This article will enlighten you on PSAT vs SAT, …
- Graduate School (Major tips you need to know)4 min readA graduate school gives a student deeper and more advanced education to specialize in a particular or specific discipline. This study helps a student become an expert to the extent of being a consultant in that particular field or discipline. NB: This article is an …