The academic strengths and academic weaknesses list show the things that a student can do and can improve upon. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and some can be developed over time.
Have you been asked your academic strengths and weaknesses?
What was your answer? It’s good to identify your strengths and weaknesses so that you can know where to improve or even work on.
What are academic Strengths:
Academic strengths are character traits that make you exceptional from others in a learning environment. The academic strengths are inbound in you and are shown when you are in competition or when you have to show how good you are in a particular learning field.
For instance, in class, a child’s academic strength in Math can be; being able to know the multiplication table, addition, and subtractions. Going into squares and square roots can be one of the academic weaknesses to the child, which in the long-run can be improved.
On the other hand, in our daily life, the academic strengths of a child can be honesty, self-respect, and talents that make that child exceptional and unique in his or her own way.
Academic Strengths list:
- Ability to learn from Mistakes – This has to do with the ability to accept mistakes when corrected.
- Discipline – The strength of being able to do the right thing at the right time.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution to problems even under pressure.
- Leadership skills – The ability to lead people forward, make progress, and replicate other leaders too.
- Being Kind and friendly – To be able to accommodate the differences in people.
- Honesty – The ability to defend the truth even under pressure.
- Critical thinking
- Ability to Listen- To give someone complete listening ear.
- Ability to sit down and read.
- Open-mindedness – Open to new experiences and role models.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Planning skills
- Creative thinking skill
- Dealing with criticism: This is how the child reacts when being criticized by a peer or on something h/she is not good at. The academic Strengths in this context is, being able to handle criticism and improve effectiveness.
- Coding: THe world has turned around, with basically everything online. Thus if you can code software to solve a definite problem, it can be one of your academic Strengths that sets you aside from others.
- Language: The ability to speak fluently is one of the major academic Strengths of an individual. If you build your language and communication skills properly, you will be valued and everyone will love to hear you speak.
- Story Telling: Storytelling skills can’t be overemphasized. It’s one of the major academic Strengths that takes time and commitment to groom. When groomed will take you places beyond your expectation.
- Self Discipline: This is the ability to do the right thing at the right time. If you have the self-discipline to study without procrastination (one of the major academic weaknesses), then you will grow in your academic strengths in school.
- Time Management: The ability to keep time and follow the time schedule will go a long way in building your reputation and be known as one that keeps time.
- Collaboration: The ability to collaborate is one of the major academic Strengths that gives you an edge over others at a workplace.
What are Academic Weaknesses:
Academic weaknesses are the downsides. Just like we are not perfect as human beings, we have weaknesses. Your Academic weaknesses are some of the things you don’t find difficult to do which you love to correct or change.
Academic weakness list:
- Blunt – to speak in a direct or rude way.
Read this: What age do you start University?
How can I identify my academic Strengths and Weaknesses:
1.Find out what naturally flows from you, what you love doing, that’s your strength.
2. I know you have friends that are close to you, Yes, they know your academic strengths and academic weaknesses list. Get in contact with them and let them tell you more about it.
How do I deal with my weakness list:
I have weaknesses just like you. Everyone has a weakness but you can work everyday to improve yourself and work on your weakness. Here are the tips for you:
1.Make a routine to work on your weakness:
Find out your weakness and make out time to work on it. If your weakness is intolerance, learn now to tolerate people, learn how to take things easy, focus more on the good side of things than the insecurities.
If you have the weakness of Procrastination, read this book, “Eat that Frog” by Brian Tracy. It will really help you to reduce procrastination to the last.
Read also: 20+ Fun Things to do in College when bored
Any weakness you have, look for a way to tackle it to the last. Everything has a solution.
Read on, on academic strengths and weaknesses;
2. Get a Mentor:
A mentor is someone that has gone ahead of you, made mistakes, created the mistakes and is still moving on.
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.Isaac Newton
Get a Mentor in the field of your weakness. If you have the weakness of aggressiveness and anger, get a life coach to direct you and help you make some vital decisions that you can help work on your anger issues.
3. Be Humble:
Be willing to learn from others. Yea I know that Humility alone is a strength on its own so if you want to boost your academic strengths and reduce your weaknesses list, make up your mind to be willing to learn.
Conclusion on the academic strengths and weaknesses:
Your academic strengths and weaknesses can be what you know/What you don’t know, your teachable skills, and your personal lifestyle.
You can grow your weaknesses and strengths academically and you will do well.
Thanks for reading this post.
Leave a comment below for questions. Share this with a fellow student.
Sharing is caring.