The ThanksUSA Scholarship Program is one of the major scholarships for US students. It offers $3,000 worth of scholarship to military members’ and Veterans’ spouses and college-aged children.
ThanksUSA is a non-renewable scholarship that has given out 5,000 scholarships worth more than $16 million to students from all 50 states and every military branch since 2006.
Requirements for ThanksUSA Scholarship Program:
- Be a dependent child under the age of 24 or the spouse of an active-duty, discharged, or retired member of the United States military.
- Be current high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at a recognized two- or four-year college or university, or a vocational technical or trade school program for the academic year.
- On their relevant academic record, they must have at least a 2.00 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.00 scale or its equivalent (e.g. high school record for incoming freshmen or post-secondary school record for those already enrolled in a college or university, or vocational-technical or trade school program).
- Spouses who are enrolled part-time in a bachelor’s degree program at an authorized institution are also eligible. Whether or not an undergraduate degree has been earned, spouses may use the grant for non-degree license and certification programs.
Types of ThanksUSA Scholarship Program:
- Dependent children are eligible for scholarships to attend an accredited 2-year or 4-year college, university, or accredited vocational technical or trade school program for the first time. Scholarships for dependent children are not available for non-degree licensure/certificate programs or graduate studies.
- Spouse scholarships can be utilized for first-time undergraduate study at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college, university, or accredited vocational technical or trade school. Regardless of whether an undergraduate degree has been completed, spouses may use the award for non-degree professional licensing or certification programs (ex: teaching credentials, nursing/medical field license, ongoing real estate classes to keep licence up to date). Moreover, scholarships are not available for graduate studies.
Check the Scholarship Guidelines for the ThanksUSA Scholarship Program.
ThanksUSA Scholarship Deadline:
Scholarship applications are accepted from March 1 to April 15 at ThanksUSA.
The scholarship can be used to study for a first-time bachelor’s degree by both dependent children and spouses who have finished a vocational program or an associate’s degree. Master’s programs and post-graduate studies are not eligible.
Awesome one; I hope this article answers your question.
Share this Information.
- Ethel Hayes Destigmatization Of Mental Health Scholarship 2023
- Sweet and Simple Scholarship (Requirements, FAQs) | 2023
- Vegetarian Scholarship (Requirement, Deadline, FAQs) | 2023
- Can I Reuse Essays for Scholarships? (Ideas, FAQs, Plagiarism)
- John and Abigail Adams Scholarship 2022-2024 (Eligibility, Deadline)
- Coolidge Scholarship (Eligibility, Deadline, Application) 2023
- JVS Scholarship 2023-2024 Graduate Student | Apply now