More often than not, “Seperate and Separate” are two major words that are very easy to misspell. It is natural to misspell it just like other words like forty as fourty, greatful as grateful.
These words are easy to be misunderstood and most times, even graduates make this mistake because I understand that nobody is above mistake. Thus, in this article, I will explain the difference between the two.
What is Separate?
Separate can be an adjective, a verb, or a noun depending on the context and the way it is used. It means removing from the rest or keeping something apart from the rest. More explanation to “Separate”; as an adjective, it could mean “Apart”, “Aside”, as a verb, it could mean “to be apart”, “to disconnect”. It is different from “Seperate”.
- I didn’t separate the books before coming.
- Separation of Powers is important in Governance.
- Why did your mum tell the invigilator to separate the two you in the exam hall?
Read this: How do you spell 90 (Ninety or Ninty)
What is Seperate?
Seperate is…In fact there is so such word as that. The word exist as a mistake in writing the correct word being “Separate“.
Since the word is incorrect, there are sentences in line with it. But here are a few mistakes made:
- Seperate those Kids, Now! (Correct spelling is — Separate those Kids, Now!”)
- If seperation is the only way to happiness in this relationship, then do it. (Correct word – Separation)
- If I’m seperated from you, what will I do? (Correct word – Separated)
Seperate vs Separate (How to identify the correct one):
Separate having the “a” after the “p” is the correct one while Seperate having the “e” after the “p” is the incorrect one. The best way to know the difference is to study and have it in mind that “Separate” is correct while Seperate is incorrect.
Read this: How do you spell 40 (forty or fourty)
Seperate is a word that doesn’t exist, while Separate is the correct word.
Awesome one, I hope this article answered your question.