UK Chevening Scholarships: Chevening is the UK government’s foreign scholarships and fellowships initiative.
The Chevening program began in 1983 and has become a prominent and highly competitive worldwide awards program.
Funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and partner groups, Chevening provides people who promise to inspire, enlighten, and influence positive change with the opportunity to study at a UK institution to acquire a UK educational certification.
Chevening Scholars study courses in nearly any discipline and go on to execute their ideas for good change in several sectors.
This article covers all the bases regarding Chevening Scholarships, the UK Chevening Scholarship for 2022–2023, eligibility requirements, and the application process.
Timely submission is essential if you want to be considered for this scholarship in the UK.
Eligibility Requirements For The UK Chevening Scholarships
The following are the requirements for Chevening Scholarships:
- You have to be a citizen of a country or territory that is part of the Chevening program.
- You must spend at least two years in your home country following the conclusion of your award.
- By the time an application is submitted, a candidate must have completed all requirements for an undergraduate degree that would grant them admission to a postgraduate program at a college/university in the United Kingdom. Depending on the subject and school you attended, this might be the same as a 2:1 in the UK.
- Possess a minimum of 2,800 hours of work experience, which equates to at least two years.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses by July 13, 2023, and have received an unconditional offer from one of these options.
Ineligibility Conditions For The UK Chevening Scholarships
It’s not possible to receive a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Are you British or a dual citizen of the United Kingdom (unless you are applying from Hong Kong and are a British Overseas Territory citizen or have a BN(O).
- Are a citizen of, or have been granted refugee status in, a country that participates in the Chevening program, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship.
- Are currently employed by or have been employed by the British Government (within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications; this includes the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defense, the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade, and the UKVI, the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- If you work for or have worked for a Chevening Partner organization in the last two years, or if you are related to someone who works for that organization, you are not eligible for a Chevening Partner Award from that organization.
- Have previously attended school in the UK on a scholarship provided by the UK government.
Documents required for the UK Chevening Scholarships
- University transcripts.
- Valid passport.
- A total of three potential electives for the master’s degree.
- An unconditional offer from the preferred institution.
- English language test results from either the Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT), the Pearson Test of English—Academic, or the Trinity ISE II (B2) or C1 Advanced.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Motivation letter
- Educational certifications (if any)
How To Apply For The UK Chevening Scholarships
- To begin, choose your nation of residence before moving on to the scholarship option. https://www.chevening.org/apply/
- Make a new profile.
- Enter your information, save it, and make sure it’s correct. Then, start the application process.
- To ensure your qualification for the scholarship, please finish the quiz.
- Complete the application by entering the requested information and gathering the necessary documentation.
Benefits Of The Chevening Scholarship
For those interested in attending college in the United Kingdom, the British Chevening UK Scholarship 2023 provides a fully funded scholarship worth over £18,000.
The expenses listed below are what the scholarship will cover:
- The Total Cost of a College Education
- A stipend sufficient for monthly subsistence will be provided.
- On the day of arrival, the Chevening scholars will be issued an arrival allowance.
- The cost of a flight to and from the United Kingdom
- Expenses Covered When Returning Home
- An individual visa application’s fees.
- If booked via Diversity Travel, Chevening will cover the quarantine fee.
- An allowance for trips around the UK for Chevening conferences.
- Free vaccination against COVID-19 (if applicable).
- If a TB test is required by law in any of the countries that Chevener represents, the cost of the test will be refunded.
- Further funding from the United Kingdom will cover expenses beyond the budget.
Things To Note About The UK Chevening Scholarships
- Suppose you already have a master’s degree but believe that pursuing a second master’s degree in the United Kingdom would help you achieve your professional goals and make a good impact in your home country. In that case, you can apply for a Chevening Award to fund your studies there.
- As soon as an application is received, it is automatically screened electronically. All applications that do not meet the requirements will be rejected. Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be considered. The application cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
- To access the application form, the candidate must pass a series of screening questions. Many applicants are eliminated at this early stage due to incorrect responses.
- The candidate should not forget to provide their employment history. Be careful to put in the right number of working hours and weeks. While entering their work hours, the applicant should not be overly optimistic.
- It is imperative that you do not repeat a work experience more than once.
- It is advised that you have the same courses picked at three different colleges, which shows your devotion to your goals.
- Choose just one course per university.
- Don’t cut and paste answers from other sources; doing so will reveal your plagiarism and get your application tossed. Be creative in your response.
- Stay away from giving the same responses twice.
- Ensure that you write enough words to meet the minimum word count requirement.
- Even though the Chevening Scholarship does not require proof of English proficiency, the university you apply to probably will. Because of this, you should have a letter of acceptance from that university before you apply.
Tips For Winning Scholarships
The following advice will increase your chances of being awarded a scholarship:
1. Make a list of the qualities that make you unique
Each scholarship program has its criteria for selecting recipients.
Scholarships based on academic performance are one type of award; others recognize individuals for their leadership roles in other organizations.
To this end, it is recommended that you first make a list of your unique qualities before applying for any scholarship.
This will make it easier for you to find and go after opportunities that are better for you.
2. Scholarships that recognize your unique qualities should be actively sought
To narrow down your scholarship hunt, list your greatest qualities and use that as a criterion.
Even though the benefit may not be as big as other options, this is a great way to improve your chances of getting a scholarship.
3. Prepare a timetable for scholarship applications
After compiling a list of scholarship opportunities best suited to your unique qualities, you should plan out a timeline for applying to each one, taking into account factors such as the application deadline, the start date of registration, the amount of money awarded, and any other incentives associated with the scholarship.
Also, put the scholarship applications in order of the due date to ensure timely submission.
To help worthy students throughout the world afford college, the United Kingdom offers the Chevening Scholarship.
This award will pay for a wide range of costs, from tuition and fees to living expenses, that the recipient will have during their Master’s program.
Winners of the UK Chevening Scholarship are well-equipped to make meaningful contributions to society and go into leadership positions.
It is no exaggeration to say that the United Kingdom’s Chevening Scholarship is among the world’s most prestigious graduate fellowships.
Masters-level learners in the United Kingdom are the target audience.
Awesome one; I hope this article answers your question.
- Ethel Hayes Destigmatization Of Mental Health Scholarship 2023
- Sweet and Simple Scholarship (Requirements, FAQs) | 2023
- Vegetarian Scholarship (Requirement, Deadline, FAQs) | 2023
- Can I Reuse Essays for Scholarships? (Ideas, FAQs, Plagiarism)
- John and Abigail Adams Scholarship 2022-2024 (Eligibility, Deadline)
- Coolidge Scholarship (Eligibility, Deadline, Application) 2023
- JVS Scholarship 2023-2024 Graduate Student | Apply now
If you find this article good, please share it with a friend.