You could be chatting with someone on social media and boom! you want to type a sentence that includes “International” in it. Then you will wonder and ask yourself what the abbreviation for international is.
The word “International” seems very tiring to write or type in full, that’s why most writers abbreviate it to drive down a point faster or write it in full for official purposes.
As you read through this article, I will show you the recommended abbreviations for International and explain the word for you to understand.
Recommended Abbreviations for International
- Int. – This is the abbreviation that takes the first three letters.
- Intl. – Unlike the Int., this one takes the first three letters and the last letter.
- Int’l. – This abbreviation takes the first three letters, including an apostrophe, and adds the last letter.
- INT – Although not too common, it takes only the first three letters all written in capital letters.
- Internat. – Although not too common too, it takes the first eight letters.
Abbreviation for International
Meaning of International:
International as the name implies means “Inter” and “national”, directing that a business or relationship is carried out between countries or nations. As an adjective in a sentence, it drives more meaning to the subject of the sentence.
- Football is an international sport, it’s beyond the field and players.
- The name of my school is Access International School.
- Profitable International trades help to strengthen and develop the currency of a country.
Writing the Abbreviation for International:
- Football is an int’l sport, it’s beyond the field and players.
- The name of my school is Access Int’l School.
- Profitable Intl trades help to strengthen and develop the currency of a country.
The recommended abbreviation for international include the following:
Awesome one, I hope this article answered your question.