Agencies like the Stars Scholarship Fund exist to provide college students with a little bit of monetary relief.
But, before you find out if you qualify for the Stars scholarship, you might be wondering what the Stars scholarship is all about.
About Stars Scholarship 2022-2023
The Stars Scholarship Fund is a non-income company based in McAllen, Texas.
Stars Scholarship Fund is a non-income company devoted to promoting access to and achievement in higher schooling for all college students in the community.
Based in McAllen, Texas, Stars gives scholarships to college students from south and west Texas who’re devoted to finishing a diploma at an approved university or college.
Stars Scholarship Fund envisions a community where everybody can attain their total capacity by collaborating and succeeding in higher schooling.
The Stars Scholarship Fund sees higher schooling as a catalyst for high-quality change.
A community that truly acknowledges the significance of higher schooling guarantees the doorways to post-secondary opportunity are open to all who can succeed, irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, historical past, or loss of resources.
More so, Stars Scholarship Fund prides itself on giving help to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral college students of all ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds who’ve shown the zeal to succeed in finishing their diploma.
Purpose of Stars Scholarship 2022-2023
The reason for the Star scholarship award is to offer university scholarship awards to college students who’ve proven a professional interest in sciences or engineering.
The Star scholarship award is presented without regard to race, sex, religion, age, nationality, or sexual orientation.
Star scholarship will not award scholarships to candidates who aren’t eligible and reserves the right not to award a scholarship in a given year.
Applicants not presented with a scholarship are advised to submit a future application for consideration. Moreover, recipients are eligible for a one-time scholarship award.
Types of Stars Scholarship
There are three distinct Stars scholarship types available to candidates.
This scholarship is for folks attending a community college in the imminent college year and can be enrolled part-time or full-time.
They decide part-time or full-time status on the verification of enrollment for recipients.
Part-time college students will earn the half award, and full-time college students will acquire the overall award.
This scholarship is for folks who could be attending a college in the imminent college year in an undergraduate program searching for a Bachelor’s diploma.
You have to be a full-time student every semester.
You have to be a full-time student every semester.
How Much is the Stars Scholarship worth? 2022-2023
Stars give scholarships ranging from $350 to $10,000. They decide the amount depending on the university or college you are attending.
The Stars Scholarship Fund can even provide scholarships to universities, like when they are awarded a $100,000 scholarship to Texas A&M International University.
Stars Scholarship Fund has been awarding scholarships for 17 years and has experienced a 301 percent increase in applications since 2004.
This growth displays the desires of college students in our community.
Stars seek to make sure that scholars who desire to attend university have the means to do so.
That being stated, the number of scholarships Star Scholarship can offer is directly related to our sponsors and the funds earned annually through Extravaganzas and community partners.
Stars Scholarship Fund awards 960 scholarships annually, but our beneficiaries now make up 13.3% of our qualified candidates.
Stars Scholarship Fund has presented 17,074 recipients starting from its inception, leaving 23,959 eligible candidates unfunded.
The information above suggests that although efforts were steady yearly, it isn’t sufficient to cover the need within the community.
Application Criteria for Stars Scholarship 2022-2023
Before applying for a Stars scholarship, there are numerous qualifications that you ought to have:
- Applicants should be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident. You must also be a five-year or more permanent resident of one of their 30 counties in South or West Texas.
- You must have finished a high school diploma or its equivalent before the new academic year in the fall.
- Before you may apply for the scholarship, you must have earned or completed a minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours at a US approved university or college.
You should have a minimum university cumulative GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
Finally, it is required that you are enrolled in one of the following:
- Two-year community university (part-time or full-time) searching for a diploma
- Four-year college undergraduate program (full-time) searching for a Bachelor’s diploma
- University graduate program (full-time) searching for a Master’s, Law diploma, or Doctorate
Stars Scholarship Application Date 2022-2023:
The 2022-2023 Scholarship Application will be available by January 1, 2022, and closes on March 31, 2022.
You can visit the website https://starsscholarship.org for more info.
Stars Scholarship recipients selection procedure
Star evaluates every single application and the accompanying documents. They input all records into their machine and assign everyone a rating when doing so.
The rating is based on quantitative records, including GPA and earned hours.
Stars then develop the first list of recipients and contacts their schools to check their academic progress and financial need.
If you are a South or West Texas student who satisfies all the qualifications, you should apply for the scholarship.
Applying is free and takes only a few minutes.
Awesome one! I hope this article answered your question
Share this information.
- How to Keep Your Solar Panel Clean?4 min read
- How To Properly Remove Yard Waster3 min read
- The Benefits of Custom Men’s Shoes 3 min read
- How To Get Someone Fired From Their Job (FAQs) | 20236 min read
- Advanced Resuscitation Training And Why You Need One7 min read
- Q Grader Certification For Baristas – Coffee Professionals4 min read
- How To Become a Principal? 5 Steps To Get There7 min read
- 5 Things to Consider When Deciding Where to Study Abroad3 min read
- Students With PTSD – How Often It Appears in Young Population7 min read
- The Best Popular & Famous Spicy Thai Food Dishes3 min read